Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Wrapping Gifts!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM
  • 14 Replies

Who does it? You or your SO? Who ends up doing the majority? Do you like doing it or is it one of the worst parts? Do you have any tricks or tips? Any thing unique about how you do it? Do you wait till the last minute? Wrap as you get them? How about where you put the gifts before/after you wrap them? Do you put them out as soon as you wrap them?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I always end up doing it. DH just has no interest in it what so ever and honestly I enjoy it. I love going in a different room (if people are home if not I spread out on the kitchen floor) with christmas tunes cranked and get in the zone!! I ADORE wrapping. I find it every relaxing and I'm not too bad at it. I LOVE a good challenge too! Give me something thats damn near impossible to wrap and I'll have more fun trying to figure out the logic of how to wrap it best than a mouse in a maze!

I am a very bad tape user though. I like everything to be perfect and smooth so I tend to use a tad bit too much tape. lol. I don't like waiting till the last minute to do it because I enjoy it so much. I'm currently telling myself its too damn early to drag everything out and start wrapping it! I'm going to try and wait until next week. lol. I must wait!! lol. 

Right now DS gifts are hidden in a big box that DH got from work. Oddly everything fit PERFECTLY like jenga! Seriously! I was thrilled! Threw it in our walk in put some sheets on the top of the gifts closed up the box threw some games on top of that and DS hasn't bat an eyelash at it! =)

In the past I haven't put the gifts out until 'santa' came. But this year I want to get him to understand that santa only brings 1 gift. So on Christmas eve we will bring out all the wrapped gifts to put under the tree and he will get to open one (pj set with 1 toy that corresponds to the pjs) This year would have been harder to do it the other way because he will be sleeping in our room xmas night due to MIL being in his room.

lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM
I do everything. The shopping, the hiding, the wrapping, the santa. Its all me.

I hide everything in my closet and wrap it slowly in my room or ill bring it down to the dining room to wrap and ill put it all out xmas eve when the kids go to bed.

When they get bigger and know im hiding gifts ill hide them in the crawl space attached to my closet.

I plan to do one pj gift xmas eve but i havent found xmas pjs i love, even walmart didnt have any xmas pjs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Ugh I haaaaate wrapping! I'm terrible at it and I do it all, DH wouldn't ever do it haha. I don't put the gifts out til Christmas because I don't want the dog to get into them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Have you tried Disney? They usually have some nice ones. Part of what my son wanted this year was dress up super hero stuff. Instead of getting cheesy costumes he wouldn't wear anyways I got him Spiderman, hulk and captian america pj's. They all look just how the characters do (not just the character on the front) So for xmas eve he'll get the spider man ones with the mask too. They're not christmasy but he'll adore them and won't fight us to wear them (i hope!) he hates wearing clothes in the house! lol. 

Quoting lillucky8:

I hide everything in my closet and wrap it slowly in my room or ill bring it down to the dining room to wrap and ill put it all out xmas eve when the kids go to bed.

When they get bigger and know im hiding gifts ill hide them in the crawl space attached to my closet.

I plan to do one pj gift xmas eve but i havent found xmas pjs i love, even walmart didnt have any xmas pjs.

rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM

That makes sense and your little one is still very small too. DS called me out this morning asking me why I said that Santa only brings him one gift but last year all the gifts appeared under the tree. I had to explain that santa only brings 1 and last year it was in his special santa bag (seriously adorable bag) and that was only the gift that santa brought and that it would happen again this year. That the rest were from family and us but they needed wrapping and I hadn't gotten to it yet. lol. He wasn't buying it he said "No mom I think santa brought them all" So definitely going to put out the other gifts this year before he goes to bed and explain to him that they're for everyone not just him and that santa didn't bring those ones. This is all very complicated lol. 

Quoting AmesCSki:

Ugh I haaaaate wrapping! I'm terrible at it and I do it all, DH wouldn't ever do it haha. I don't put the gifts out til Christmas because I don't want the dog to get into them.

AmesCSki
by Amy on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Hahahahaha! That is too funny. Your DS sounds like a trip.

Quoting rosemagic01:

That makes sense and your little one is still very small too. DS called me out this morning asking me why I said that Santa only brings him one gift but last year all the gifts appeared under the tree. I had to explain that santa only brings 1 and last year it was in his special santa bag (seriously adorable bag) and that was only the gift that santa brought and that it would happen again this year. That the rest were from family and us but they needed wrapping and I hadn't gotten to it yet. lol. He wasn't buying it he said "No mom I think santa brought them all" So definitely going to put out the other gifts this year before he goes to bed and explain to him that they're for everyone not just him and that santa didn't bring those ones. This is all very complicated lol. 

Quoting AmesCSki:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM

He has absolutely no filter on calling me out when he thinks I'm wrong. Ugh. Teenage years are going to be a nightmare! lol.

Quoting AmesCSki:

Hahahahaha! That is too funny. Your DS sounds like a trip.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Quoting AmesCSki:

jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I do it all! Dh has even asked me to wrap my own stuff!! But I always start really nice then the last ones get sloppy. Lol
I try to wrap as I buy so I don't get overwhelmed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I hadnt even thought of them, thanks for the idea!

I found some at gymboree.com i like but im on the fence cuz they are expensive

Quoting rosemagic01:

Have you tried Disney? They usually have some nice ones. Part of what my son wanted this year was dress up super hero stuff. Instead of getting cheesy costumes he wouldn't wear anyways I got him Spiderman, hulk and captian america pj's. They all look just how the characters do (not just the character on the front) So for xmas eve he'll get the spider man ones with the mask too. They're not christmasy but he'll adore them and won't fight us to wear them (i hope!) he hates wearing clothes in the house! lol. 

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I do all the wrapping. My dh has no interest in it. I don't mind it at all, and if I can have music playing I enjoy it. I usually hide the kids presents in the hall closet and under the bed. We don't put them out till Christmas Eve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN