Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Santa Gifts?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:46 AM
  • 14 Replies

How many gifts does Santa give your little ones (or former little ones) for christmas?

Do you do all toys or do you have some toys and some needs? Whats the big red dude bringing?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this

In the past I guess we did it confusing for my son. He remembers that no gifts ever appeared until Christmas morning and so this year he seemed to be under the impression that Santa brought them all. I know that we told him though that Santa only brought 1 gift and it came in Santa's bag. So this year we're going to put out all the family gifts on Christmas Eve while he's awake and explain to him that we buy gifts for each other as well and then Santa only brings him one gift because he's got lots of kids to give to so we need to be grateful for the 1 that we earn for being good all year long. =) 

I hope it works to help him understand. 

This year he's getting the imaginext castle. We think he's a bit old for it but he's been begging for it for a few months. He still plays with some of his old sets here and there so we gave in after he asked the mall santa for it. LOL. 

jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Santa does a few things, always something from their list. But mom and dad give the most :)
Dh says he doesn't want Santa getting all the credit. Lol

But tradition in my house,
Santa gives 2 things from the list
Mrs Claus gives clothing
Elves give candy
Socks from the pets...... That's cause my old dog used to chew everyone's socks. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:21 AM

My DH and I want him to not feel like everything comes for free ya know. We want to teach him that giving is fun so we love to give to him. He picks out gifts for us. So we want him to know we do the same for him ya know. It just seemed odd that other family members would give him something but we wouldn't if we gave him everything under the tree. Plus we don't want him to think everyone should give him tons of stuff ya know? 

Again love your traditions. But socks from the dog...so funny! 

Quoting jennient3:

Santa does a few things, always something from their list. But mom and dad give the most :)
Dh says he doesn't want Santa getting all the credit. Lol

But tradition in my house,
Santa gives 2 things from the list
Mrs Claus gives clothing
Elves give candy
Socks from the pets...... That's cause my old dog used to chew everyone's socks. Lol

AmesCSki
by Amy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Holli I love what you plan to tell your son about Santa and the one gift! That's brilliant.
DD isn't getting anything from Santa this year but she will next year. She's still too young! But we wrapped some gifts for her that I'm sure I will end up opening :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Thank you! 

I'm betting you'll need to help her get started but she will likely like the idea of tearing it open one little piece at a time. lol. I hope its a great christmas! 

Quoting AmesCSki:

Holli I love what you plan to tell your son about Santa and the one gift! That's brilliant.
DD isn't getting anything from Santa this year but she will next year. She's still too young! But we wrapped some gifts for her that I'm sure I will end up opening :)

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Big red dude? Ooookkkayyy. Ummmm...games for her. We get her fun stuff because we always are buying her clothes since she is growing all the time. If her other family members want to get her 'needs' they sure can lol

rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Big dude in red? Better?

Quoting Crissy2424:

Big red dude? Ooookkkayyy. Ummmm...games for her. We get her fun stuff because we always are buying her clothes since she is growing all the time. If her other family members want to get her 'needs' they sure can lol

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM

How about Saint Nicholas. A jolly old soul.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Big dude in red? Better?

Quoting Crissy2424:

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
This is our first year doing Santa (ds was 2wks old last year). He is bringing 1 gift for ds, and our stockings.

It's a turtle thing that he sits on/ bounces on. By vtec. Lol I forgot what it's called
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

He WAS getting them sleds, but then I accidentally sent my oldest into my bedroom and there they were, so now he's just going to give them 1 of the other things we had already bought. Doh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)