Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get yours?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM
  • 10 Replies
http://m.wmur.com/health/Flu-becomes-widespread-in-New-Hampshire/-/17440854/17840174/-/cprena/-/index.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:37 AM

I "have" to as part of my job...not really required, but if I don't I have to walk around with a face mask..ew..

I'm generally not a big fan of flu shots because they're crap shoots..I wouldn't be surprised if the strain coming thru is different from the vaccinated strain.

However....lol...I did have my eldest get a flu shot, (along with meningitis), because he's liviing in dorms.

My younger son and dh have no had the flu vaccines..I more than likely will have my younger ds vaccinated, when he gets sick it kicks his butt. But he's already been sick, so I might wait and do it next year.

ckroch
by Colleen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:26 AM
What hosp do you work at again?

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I "have" to as part of my job...not really required, but if I don't I have to walk around with a face mask..ew..

I'm generally not a big fan of flu shots because they're crap shoots..I wouldn't be surprised if the strain coming thru is different from the vaccinated strain.

However....lol...I did have my eldest get a flu shot, (along with meningitis), because he's liviing in dorms.

My younger son and dh have no had the flu vaccines..I more than likely will have my younger ds vaccinated, when he gets sick it kicks his butt. But he's already been sick, so I might wait and do it next year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Yep. So did DH and the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Nope not in my house, 2 out of 4 kids have had a reaction in the past.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM
It is mandatory at my job at elliot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Dh doesnt get it cuz he swears he got sick from it one year, obv i know thats bs lol

And my kids do not get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM

We don't get them. DH and I have never had them in our lives and don't ever find the flu so bad that we would rather get the shot. DS doesn't get it either. He has reactions to every shot he ever has gotten so its just one less to put in his body. 

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM

No we don't do the shots.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Again, I don't HAVE to get my flu shot, but if I'm don't get it when the Infectious disease dept deems it "flu season" any employee not vaccinated must wear a face mask. During patient contact, ANY patient. I HATE wearing them.

I work in Boston...in too deep to get out...LOL

Quoting ckroch:

What hosp do you work at again?

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)