Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

DD March Party

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 22 Replies

Just sharing some news. Shauna turns 4 in March! I still can't believe it! Well, call me crazy, but I wanted to do something fun. Her first 3 birthdays were at home. Now that she is older we thought something fun, so we are considering having her party at a bowling ally. The catch...for how many people we want to invite it will be $140. Now, that is a little steep, but I really want to do it. However, looking at the numbers I would be open to other ideas. Anyone? lol

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Maybe a cowabungas party? They allow you to bring food/drinks for regular play, so id imagine a party would be the same?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Or chuckecheese is always a fun option
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM
We did go Krazy kids. Worth the $, they have the kids dance, play games .. Very involved. Oh- and a private party room. At chuckecheese you get a thin table, can't move, can't even talk to people at one end of table. No thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM
We rented our community center a few times
It was 75 bucks for 3 hours
You can bring food and decorations
And had use of all the equipment it was awesome

There was tables and chairs
But I guess every town may be different
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Cowabungas would be $290, Krazy Kid is $245. My bowling idea, $195. Our town does have a town hall, but that would be boring. We are looking for something fun for a handful of kids plus adults. I am still taking ideas :)

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Your not going to find anything much cheaper. I went through about 10 different places before we decided to just screw it and do cowabunga's in November. I was able to get $40 off because my son won a contest from them and that was the prize. Your church might also have options. I know the one my husband worked for in weare had a massive room that they let people do parties. 

ckroch
by Colleen on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM
The price is worth it... You have no stress on planning, making foods, drinks, goodie bags. You literally just show up

Quoting Crissy2424:

Cowabungas would be $290, Krazy Kid is $245. My bowling idea, $195. Our town does have a town hall, but that would be boring. We are looking for something fun for a handful of kids plus adults. I am still taking ideas :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Holy cow, i had no idea how much these places cost. Good grief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

My SIL did one of those paint plaster places once. You can bring cake and eat it there. The price depended on what you wanted to make. I used to work at Build a bear when the Danvers store opened.... so like 11 years ago lol. If its still the same there is no extra charge just the cost of the bear so it would be $10 per child no cost for adults and you can bring food to eat at the food court. Our store used t have coupons for a place in the food court too if you wanted to buy food.

I really want to do a party for Cace at Zoo Creatures some year but its $250 and that is way out of our leauge. We are also considering a timeshare at the winddrifter and they said owners can use their pool 365 days a year and you are allowed to have parties there with as many people as you want for free so we will probably do the kids parties their if we go through with it (the week we want is only $300/year since its off season!)

Crissy2424
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I don't want to do it at the mall. It can be crazy, loud...no thanks. I guess the bowling thing isn't so bad since it will be the cheapest and they do the set-up/break-down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN