Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Class Valentines

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok so yeah I'm so bored with getting or giving a million little candy treats for valentines. It drives me mad that just candy candy candy. So I've decided I'm not playing into that and I want to make something for each of my son's class mates. 

But I can't decide what! Please help me choose because I'm really kinda wishy washy and kinda just need someone to help me decide. DH is absolutely no help all he says "whatever you want to do" No if I'm asking you that means I need/want your opinion. But he's a man and he really doesn't care. Oh well. 

So girls can you help me??? Please?

I'm thinking possibly these. I know how to make these. I was thinking of doing black and red for boys colors and pink and white for the girls. I was thinking of doing them not in braided but doing them more like the old school friendship way though.

Or this. But I don't know. I kinda feel sketchy about other people touching my food that isn't like regulated by food safety. You never know how clean other peoples homes are so this one might go to waste if others feel similar?

I would love to do this one but I'm not sure how much those molds are or if I'll find them as soon as I'd need it. I did ask my friends if anyone already owned one though. Maybe I'll get lucky?

I was also considering a play dough idea (make your own play dough) but I can't find it now. Annoying because it had a really cute saying on it. I don't know though...Help?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4000
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I like the crayon idea. You should be able to find that heart mold at target, that's where I got mine. I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than $10.

deadlights86
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I like the heart crayon what is the first thing?

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM

They are bracelets. 

I was thinking of making the girls ones like these.

Quoting deadlights86:

deadlights86
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Oh ok thats cute I don't know why I didn't see that lol. I like the heart ones. Better get started now if thats what your doing lol

Quoting rosemagic01:

They are bracelets. 

I was thinking of making the girls ones like these.

Quoting deadlights86:

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I love the crayon idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

braclets are the best. The kids actually wear them. I've done the melted down crayon thing, but they have so many crayons it ends up just another in a box. The gold fish is cute, but again there is already so much to eat and allergies to think about: when my dd was in school she was allergic to gold fish. So I pick braclets

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the bracelets! I have to come up with an idea for Aidan for this year. This is what we did last year:

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Oh I like that! Very cute.

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

I like the bracelets! I have to come up with an idea for Aidan for this year. This is what we did last year:

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM

how old? I think braclets if we are talking your son in your avi. I like the crayons and may steal it for Cace's preschool buddies

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Yup my one and only. For 1st graders. 

Quoting lasombrs:

how old? I think braclets if we are talking your son in your avi. I like the crayons and may steal it for Cace's preschool buddies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)