Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Restaurant ideas around Manch?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 18 Replies
Can someone suggest a good steak restaurant in the area for us to take my mom for her birthday? Nothing too fancy, she'd hate that. Either steak or "comfort food", she not too adventurous when it comes to eating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crissy2424
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

The 99? My husband would know since he lived in manch all his life.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
She likes the 99 but goes a lot regularly so we wanted to take her somewhere new. My instinct was Hanover St. Chophouse, but I think that's a little more than what she'd want to do in terms of getting dressed up lol
jennient3
by Jennie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Gauchos!!! It's Brazilian, has basics and other stuff, nothing too fancy, but incredible food! Look it up o line I can't put a link cause I'm Mobil
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I've been to that type of restaurant on our last cruise - I think she'd like the meat part, but I remember the starters and sides being a little limited ... like mostly salads? Interesting idea, though, I'll keep that in mind! Maybe I'll show her the menu and see what she thinks.

She's the type that eats the same sort of thing each week - each dinner is a meat (chicken, steak or pork) with a starch (mashed potatoes) and a veggie (like green beans mostly) She loves chinese food, but when I took her to a Japanese steakhouse for hibatchi she was all weirded out LOL She's so hit or miss ... maybe I'll just give her a few places as options and let her choose.

jennient3
by Jennie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
That may be the best
Show her different menus and take it from there
Good luck
And enjoy

Quoting RMT1995:

I've been to that type of restaurant on our last cruise - I think she'd like the meat part, but I remember the starters and sides being a little limited ... like mostly salads? Interesting idea, though, I'll keep that in mind! Maybe I'll show her the menu and see what she thinks.

She's the type that eats the same sort of thing each week - each dinner is a meat (chicken, steak or pork) with a starch (mashed potatoes) and a veggie (like green beans mostly) She loves chinese food, but when I took her to a Japanese steakhouse for hibatchi she was all weirded out LOL She's so hit or miss ... maybe I'll just give her a few places as options and let her choose.

AmesCSki
by Amy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I agree re: Gauchos. The chophouse may be a bit intense :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I love bugaboo creek in bedford.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Outback if she loves steak?

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
She's been to Outback, but I don't think she's ever been to Longhorn, now that I'm thinking of chain-type places around here... I'm not a huge fan of Bugaboo Creek, I got food poisoning from the Bedford one last month :(
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Don't go to longhorn. I won't tell you why. Just don't. 

Quoting RMT1995:

She's been to Outback, but I don't think she's ever been to Longhorn, now that I'm thinking of chain-type places around here... I'm not a huge fan of Bugaboo Creek, I got food poisoning from the Bedford one last month :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN