Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interior Design?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 4 Replies

Is anyone good with interior design? I posted this else where sorry if you've seen it there but I was curious if anyone had any opinions. We did a remodel last year. redid the drywall kitchen/etc everything in the main rooms. This is what it looked like after in the living room. 

I hate the set up of my living room. I want to do something different but I want to do it with a different furniture! I've had it with this couch set its two years old and already standing up poorly to use! Plus we really need a pull out couch because we don't have a guest room anymore (kinda turned it into my sugar gliders room lol) Anyways what would you suggest for set up? DH wants to get a sectional but the two window's are the only window's in the room and in the summer its hard enough with one of them being blocked by the couch to get air flow. (unfortunately they don't open on top just the bottoms) A friend suggested I go with 2 love seats instead of a couch and 2 chairs. 

How would you do it?

So this is what my living room currently looks like. PS. The walls are going to a different color too! I HATE the color on the walls as well! 

I want to do colors like this: 

Not so sure about the pillow color. I really like it with purple but then it becomes more sorta artsy/eclectic rather than beachy. I want it to look like a house that you just came off the beach and its modern and funky but very umm bright! Anyone have any better color ideas?

or this?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Crissy2424
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I remember this....looks great. How about a couch that is all one couch and is in a corner or something?

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM
I would make an L shape with a couch and a love seat (or recliner). I love the blue! Dark colored furniture would really add some nice contrast. Maybe a printed throw pillow and curtains
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I like those colors!!! I suck at any type of design though

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I'm going to figure that where your TV is, is the best (or only) place for it. These are just suggestions, I'm not so good at decorating when it comes to my house...

Try putting (if you haven't already, the sofa, kitty corner (where the chair is now), but more toward the wall...that way if you're blocking the window, it's only a piece of it...

Looks like you have a table or is it a floor lamp behind the chair, keep it behind the sofa...put the chair where the sofa is only keep it more towards the right of the window.

If you can open your windows from the top do it...we never did but in this house we do, makes a BIG difference.

IF you can move the TV, again, suggestion...put it on the wall where the chair is now. Put the sofa facing the TV, and the chair on one side of the sofa, either where the TV is now or by the window, blocking a little of it as possible. You can then move the play area to either where the TV is currently or under the window...

When we moved here I went to Benjamin Moore's website, they have room set ups that you can put paint colors on...I went with darker colors, because my house must be South facing it's in sun ALL day. The light colors the previous owners had caused such a glare....

You could go with shades of the water, sand or even pull a color off a shell. Or even a bit darker like drifwood or rocks, or even seaweed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)