Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

I'm TOTALLY freaking out right now

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 4 Replies

I made a big money mistake. I put in a check early for Shauna's school. We owed $43 for drop-in daycare and $135 for next month. Silly me, I thought they looked at the checks before cashing them in. Hell, I thought that the TELLERS looked at them. Well...NOPE. So now, thinking the $135 was getting taken out on Feb 1st has been taken out TODAY. Sooo, after Allstate takes their money out Monday we will have $16 FOR THE FRICKEN WEEK! How the hell are we supposed to get by? I mean...not too share too much....THAT IS ALL OUR MONEY. Supposedly, according to my DH's BUDGET plan we should be saving X amount a week....BULL CRAP....we are BROKE. I have never been this broke....not to sound all high & mighty, which I probably do, I am used to like at least $1,100 in our savings and maybe $300 in our checking....nope.....SIXTEEN DOLLARS to our name. I have some anxiety so this IS NOT helping........................

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I'm sorry :( After we put gas in our car today (which the lgiht is on already) we have $0, well actually our account is negative and this money is in my paypal from tupperware, until our son gets his ssi on the 1st. But I am used to it I guess. My couponing and our back stock of food helps for times like that and since dh doesnt work we only need enough gas to get ds to school and easter seals. I would call the bank though and ask and maybe they will put the money back in until the correct date. It was their error they should take care of it.

Whatelse do you need during the week that won't get covered with only $16? We dont own any credit cards so that is never an option for us but can you fill both cars up that way for a few days and then pay it off as soon as you get other money? Hope it all works out

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Similar problems here...

Next week I have to pay my mortgage, so I worked OT to cover it. And thanks to the payroll tax hikes and the other Bush tax cuts that Washington let expire, I've lost $100 in my check since Jan 1st.

Now MA is blubbering about increasing the income tax..I already pay them almost $7K in taxes, if I'm lucky I get back $500...IF...usually it's enough to pay the accountant, and go out to dinner...(not that we do)

I'm so sorry this happened. Just reading your story made me sick to my stomach.

Crissy2424
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I called the bank when I saw my account online. Since it wasn't caught there is nothing they can do. We have 1 credit card we are paying, but that was already paid. We have Allstate for the week, but that was already taken out on their end, so that is why we will have $16 for the week. We have gas for our cars, which will be $70. We are gonna have to borrow that from our DD's svgs, but we will put it right back on Friday. So, in the end it will workout, but it shouldn't have happened this way.

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Thats terrible they wont correct their own mistake. But glad you had a savings account to make things work.

Quoting Crissy2424:

I called the bank when I saw my account online. Since it wasn't caught there is nothing they can do. We have 1 credit card we are paying, but that was already paid. We have Allstate for the week, but that was already taken out on their end, so that is why we will have $16 for the week. We have gas for our cars, which will be $70. We are gonna have to borrow that from our DD's svgs, but we will put it right back on Friday. So, in the end it will workout, but it shouldn't have happened this way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)