Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Curious about Pre-K here?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just move to Nashua after living south carolina the past few years. Before moving, my son was in the process of being evaluated by the school district to start pre-kindergarden (Three Year Old program) because he has never been in daycare & his speech and social skills are a little behind. They had this program through the public schools so if you were accepted, the child started school as in school bus, school hours etc. This was also through the public school & meant it wasn't something you had to pay for weekly. My son turned three this past month & back in south carolina would be beginning pre-k in February. Are there public Pre-K programs here or only the ones through churches & daycares?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ckroch
by Colleen on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Before 3 we use early intervention- one they hit three- they belong to the school district. Each district is different. Where I live they go to "head start", because that's what's available. I would contact Nashua school district special education director
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Here is Nashuas early intervention programs website. Maybe start there.

http://www.gatewayscs.org/ess.htm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I would call the school district, there should be something available.
My son started early intervention through the district. Some districts have and some don't.
Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM

No headstart for children needing speech etc. but they start in Sept. not Feb.

lilmama1216
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

thanks yall!  call tomorrow!

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM

We live in Raymond. My son goes to Public pre-k because he has autism and several other delays and health problems. We do not pay, and the small school bus would pick him up if we wanted to. The public pre-k also allows non special needs children to attend but it is $120 a month (still way better then private places around me), no bus. My daughter is only 18 months and she is number 123 on the waiting list to get in :/

Oh, and My son's birthday is in August so we started when school started a week after his birthday, but from what I heard from other parents in Early Services if your child is special needs they start pre-k as soon as they turn 3 whenever that is during the school year. My son will also attend all summer long free of charge as well

Macksmom2006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM

mine were in early intervention, then went to Headstart til I pulled them all out. Now they go to the high school for preschool and Emerson now will get services through the school district. Have you thought about private therapies ? she gets OT at the hospital

Crissy2424
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Not sure, I don't live in Nashua.

jbmommy2
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM
in my city its headstart which is a wonderful program. im a veteran mom witg a 10yr old who did their program and now my 4 1/2 yr old DD. i cant say enough good things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)