Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

great. our only car died.... again!!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 23 Replies

We just spent $1000 on Jan 4th to get the car running. We spend almost 2 grand back in November when the clutch went, well it went back in sept but took 2 months to even get it back. Now as I was driving to school something snapped and the shifter no longer puts the car in gear :/ Its just stuck in neutral. Freaking perfect. Luckily it died right next to a truck cutting down trees with a police officer directing traffic. He drove me the rest of the way to the school to get DS and a lady there drove me back home. And its freaking snowing.

:( DH is pissed and says its my fauly and the car always dies when I drive it. We live less then 1 mile from the school! All I did was put it in 3rd and nothing happened. But I am gonna hear for weeks now how its all my fault and I always ruin anything good we have going for us and constantly move us backwards.

Just what I needed.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Awwww man that sucks :( I'm sorry! I thought you guys had that new van? I am sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I'm sorry, but that would be me. My husband always seems to get into accidents and ruin cars so I blame him. Either way I shouldn't and your DH shouldn't be like that.

I pray it gets fixed quick.

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

No no no no go back to the place that it was fixed it sounds like the clutch went again! There's no reason it should have gone when it was already done. Demand that they fix it for free because if its anyones fault its theirs for their shotty work! 

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM

No the clutch is fine i think its what ever links the shifter to the transmition. And we only got it back after months and the attorny general and BBB getting involved. Even if it was free I would never bing it back there

Quoting rosemagic01:

No no no no go back to the place that it was fixed it sounds like the clutch went again! There's no reason it should have gone when it was already done. Demand that they fix it for free because if its anyones fault its theirs for their shotty work! 

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

DH decided we couldnt afford two cars and sold it for what we paid for it as son as we got the original car back. Its a nice truck and we still make payments on it and stuff. There is no way it makes sense for it to break so much :(

Quoting AmesCSki:

Awwww man that sucks :( I'm sorry! I thought you guys had that new van? I am sorry :(

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I'm guessing they didn't do it right then. We had that happen with a car it was all related to the clutch. I so often wish my DH was good with cars. He can paint them like an artist (or used to) but all the stuff inside he never had an interest with. =\ Any friends that could come and take a quick look and give you an idea?

Quoting lasombrs:

No the clutch is fine i think its what ever links the shifter to the transmition. And we only got it back after months and the attorny general and BBB getting involved. Even if it was free I would never bing it back there

Quoting rosemagic01:

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I completely sympathize on car troubles... my Jeep is in being fixed and I don't even know what the problem is. The check engine light is flashing, which I've heard over and over is "not good". Hope we both have minor inexpensive issues!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Sometimes the only way to fix a check engine light on is to put something over it, lol. I don't know how old your car is or anything. I hope it is just an O2 Sensor, meaning it is not working right. Good luck!

Quoting RMT1995:

I completely sympathize on car troubles... my Jeep is in being fixed and I don't even know what the problem is. The check engine light is flashing, which I've heard over and over is "not good". Hope we both have minor inexpensive issues!!

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I used to be a jeep only kinda girl. Wish dh felt the same. They are good cars and worth the trouble to fix :)

Quoting RMT1995:

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I'm so sorry. Hope it's an easy fix!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)