Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

great. our only car died.... again!!

Posted by   + Show Post

We just spent $1000 on Jan 4th to get the car running. We spend almost 2 grand back in November when the clutch went, well it went back in sept but took 2 months to even get it back. Now as I was driving to school something snapped and the shifter no longer puts the car in gear :/ Its just stuck in neutral. Freaking perfect. Luckily it died right next to a truck cutting down trees with a police officer directing traffic. He drove me the rest of the way to the school to get DS and a lady there drove me back home. And its freaking snowing.

:( DH is pissed and says its my fauly and the car always dies when I drive it. We live less then 1 mile from the school! All I did was put it in 3rd and nothing happened. But I am gonna hear for weeks now how its all my fault and I always ruin anything good we have going for us and constantly move us backwards.

Just what I needed.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Replies (21-23):
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I'm sorry :(

Quoting AmyL3469:

My hubby got a flat yesterday and now the tire is STUCK on there.. AAA couldn't even get the damn thing off, we had to get towed. Now we have no car until it's fixed. it's snowy, icy, and gross outside, so no one is gonna wanna mess with that =( 

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:17 AM
:(

Quoting lasombrs:

we still have the payments to make, we dont have good enough credit to buy a new one, its a perfect size for us and being a 4cyl 5 spd suv it gets amazing gas mileage which we need to get ds everywhere. I wish we could get a new one, or dh would let me pick a used one. He always picks the worst and that sets us further behind

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Yikes! Is it even worth fixing at this point? Sounds like a money pit :( *hugs* and it's NOT your fault

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I feel your pain. One of ours died at the beginning of jan too. Turned out it was the head gasket.  They wanted almost $2k to fix it. Not gonna happen....it was a 12 year old car. 

And my dh was mad too. Said we should have traded it in back in October when he nagged me. Grrrrr.  Hate it when they're right .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)