Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Anyone's dh travel for work?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 14 Replies

Dh travels ALOT. 

So I kinda feel like a single mom half the time.  And the "friends" I have don't really get it.  A lot of " must be nice" comments.

It's not that it's bad that he travels. It's just a totally different day when he's on the road versus working at home. And no one seems to understand that.

anyone else?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM
My dh used to live and work in conway during the week, but it was before we had kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
As an ex military wife I totally feel your pain.
Mine was on ballistic submarines and was gone for 6-9 months at a time.
Waking up alone sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Yep mine travels all the time for his civilian job and is currently deployed being activated from reserves so I totally know how ya feel, it sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Group Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

It sucks but it kinda doesn't.  

I like watching MY crappy tv and not making elaborate meals.  It gives me a chance to clean out the fridge of leftovers, work on crafty projects, paint my toes.  Lol.

but when the poop hits the fan, and it always does when he's gone, I get to feeling a lot overwhelmed.

jilly01
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Yep all the time for racing. He is gone a ton. I love it!!! I miss him yes but it's nice to have my independence too. I have friends and things to do that he just doesn't want to. Plus the alone time at night is heaven
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I miss DH a ton when he is gone but it's nice when I can watch the TV and movies I want to watch and not get crap for it. It's hard though to be alone with the baby all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It must be hard to have him travel. Very difficult to feel like a single mom I'm sure when you have a mate that you want to be with. Mine does not travel for work. I don't think I could handle it if he did. Your a very strong women. 

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM

My dh does not travel for work. I have a hard enough time with him working 3rd shift and not being home at night, I couldn't handle him being gone all day too.

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM

sorry not us. DH has not had a steady job since Nov 2008 :/

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM

My dh with his previous job, used to stay overnight in Vermont, sometimes for 2 nights...then there were quarterly meetings that were at least 1 if not 2 nights. I kinda liked it..no snoring dh on the sofa, no man gas..(LOL)...but I couldn't sleep. I'd have to put the TV on fall asleep to that and when I'd wake up later on turn it off.

My brother travels about 50% of the time. So like half a week, every week he's gone. My sil says the same thing, she feels like a single parent. I totally get what you're saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)