Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

when would you go to the doc?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Jen
  • 13 Replies
Ive had this cold for three wks on fri, the cough two wks and today and yesterday ive had a headache. The cough is annoying but non productive, no grossness. My nose isnt stuffy bc im on claritin d so its draining, no funny colors. The headache makes me wonder about sinus infection but pressing on the usual spots on my face doesnt cause pain. I just dont want to waste anymore money going in to be told its a cold n go to bed...help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

=\ Not sure. I'm never good at knowing when to go and when not to.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Definitely this, but I hope you feel better very soon!

Quoting rosemagic01:

=\ Not sure. I'm never good at knowing when to go and when not to.

ckroch
by Colleen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Do you have a fever?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Fever?? I know when I have a sinus infection. I can't look at the ground without my face feeling like its exploding

2 weeks is my cut off
Or any new or worsening symptoms?
My dr tells me two weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
No fever, i never run a fever. I didnt question the cold really until my headache started :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM

As long as I'm still functioning, I won't go in.  

In my totally NON EXPERT opinion....it sounds like you've got the cold that's been lurking around. It takes weeks....WEEKS...to clear.  And if you can presson your forehead and below your eyes without pain...then it's not a sinus infection.  

Which doesn't make it suck any less.

ive had an on again off again sore throat and cough for almost two weeks. It gets better over the weekend when I get more sleep and better food...and then the rush of the week kills me in no time.

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Thanks, it doesnt hurt when i press or when i bend down, just over it! I guess ill stick it out longer, cole has a checkup fri maybe ill ask the doc to check my lungs..im sure she will love me.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I used to ask dd's school nurse...lol. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It wouldn't hurt to do this. Idk, everyone is different.

I know when dh and I were sick, after feeling better, we both were still coughing 2 weeks, and dh had headaches for almost a week.

Maybe give it another week...I'd give it 2 but then I really don't go to the dr, as a baseline bad habit.

Quoting lillucky8:

Thanks, it doesnt hurt when i press or when i bend down, just over it! I guess ill stick it out longer, cole has a checkup fri maybe ill ask the doc to check my lungs..im sure she will love me.lol

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I prefer not to go and expose myself to more germs and pay to be told its a virus, i know the cough isnt bronchitis and im pretty sure no sinus infection so its prob just a virus thats wearing me down

Quoting 143myboys9496:

It wouldn't hurt to do this. Idk, everyone is different.

I know when dh and I were sick, after feeling better, we both were still coughing 2 weeks, and dh had headaches for almost a week.

Maybe give it another week...I'd give it 2 but then I really don't go to the dr, as a baseline bad habit.

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)