Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Horray I was able to make my trip to shaws today :)

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

A bunch of deals I wanted were ending today and so were some of my coupons. We got the car back at 5 though and I was able to make it. I am so proud of myself lol.

So I bought

(3) Digiorno Pizzas normally $7.29, sale price $5, coupon buy2get1 free went from $21.87 down to $10!

For buying 2 pizzas I was able to buy (2) 2lt cokes for 1 penny! regular price $1.69, went from #3.38 to $0.02!

I did this twice

(1) Orville Popcorn ($3.19) get 1 free and (2) 2lt A&W free ($1.70 regular price) I had a $1/2 popcorn coupon, went from $9.96 to $2.19 (or $19.92 to $4.38 since i bought 2 sets)

(2) Dunkin heinz frosting flavor packets $0.99 with (2)$0.99 coupon that doubles, they paid me $1.98 to buy these!

(12) Tabasco green $1.47, sale price $1.39 (12) $0.75 coupons, 10 doubled to $1.47 2 did not double at all went from $17.64 to they paid me $0.48 to buy these!

So for $64.79 worth of food I paid $11.94!! I saved 82%

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Wow!!!! Nice job! You're good at couponing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to think coupons were stupid up til like a year ago and never used them. Then I heard rumors of the coupon show on TV from ladies here (no cable) and a lady in my diaper group showed me a few good sites to learn from and I get better and better every month. I decided I am going to try and track how much money I save this year to impress myself at the end of the year :)

Quoting AmesCSki:

Wow!!!! Nice job! You're good at couponing :)

jennient3
by Jennie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Awesome
I'm jealous
But sometimes I feel I buy things I don't need or usually use because of the coupons
Hmmm
I'm getting better though
I just want to do even better each time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Dh goes through 1 bottle of that hot sauce every 2-3 days. So while that looks crazy, its not for us. I have bought some things from rite aid I wouldn;t normally buy but they are either totally free or make me money for buying them. I wont buy something i wont use just because its $1 or less. I did learn to switch brands and stuff though and found new things i like. I used to only like pop secret popcorn but since i get coupons for the orville I learned that those new pop up bowl things are like the greatest popcorn ever lol!

Quoting jennient3:

Awesome
I'm jealous
But sometimes I feel I buy things I don't need or usually use because of the coupons
Hmmm
I'm getting better though
I just want to do even better each time

Crissy2424
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Those are great deals, but I wouldn't be able to eat half that stuff...acid reflux and got my gallbladder out only 6 months ago.....

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM

:( Sorry

Pizza is a main food for us on busy days, I eat popcorn for lunch almost daily since ds dh usually doesnt eat lunch and i wont cook for myself. We go through at least a 2lt of soda a day if not more just me and dh, its bad i know :( And I like hot sauce but only with certain things. DH puts that green stuff on everything!!! We was eating goldfish today with it!!! Gross!!!!!!

Quoting Crissy2424:

Those are great deals, but I wouldn't be able to eat half that stuff...acid reflux and got my gallbladder out only 6 months ago.....

Crissy2424
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Don't be sorry if it is all you can afford. I understand that. It's just my eyes were opened when I was told I had Gallstones. I had to dramatically eat better or I'd be in pain. After recovery from the surgery (which felt like I never would) I am sticking to exercising and eating right even though I don't need to necessarily. Yes, food that is better for you is slightly more expensive, but it is better for you. I am not here to judge you or your family. I just have bad reactions to anything acidic or any soda. So my body kinda rejects it for me. I still seem to battle with acid refluxe no matter what, but I know well enough not to do anything to make it worse. I'm sure there are books or online sites that can show you meals that are quick and good for you.

Quoting lasombrs:

:( Sorry

Pizza is a main food for us on busy days, I eat popcorn for lunch almost daily since ds dh usually doesnt eat lunch and i wont cook for myself. We go through at least a 2lt of soda a day if not more just me and dh, its bad i know :( And I like hot sauce but only with certain things. DH puts that green stuff on everything!!! We was eating goldfish today with it!!! Gross!!!!!!

Quoting Crissy2424:

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Awesome!

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Nice job! 

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Those are great prices! :) i havent had time lately to really watch the sales, weve been sick for a frikkin month. Its making me bananas lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN