Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bakeries of NH!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

As far as I know NH has never been known for its abundance of bakeries here. Actually for a while finding a good nice old fashion one was nearly impossible! 

But lately they've been popping up. I know there's at least 3 on Elm street in Manchester now. There's a new one in Bedford as well. I'm sure there's more around. People are loving the cupcake sensations! lol. So I was curious!

Do you have a favorite one in NH? Whats your favorite thing to get at a bakery? Do you go often and how do you feel about cupcakes being the pop culture main stream these days? 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Right now I'm going to say Just Like Mom's is my favorite but eh. I'm not overly loyal when it comes to the great goodness of pastries! lol. I love their napoleons very tasty but as far as cupcakes or anything else I'm kind of a weirdo and I dislike theirs. lol.

But I'm a cupcake addict. Yes! I truly am. I admit it! When I'm stressed thats my favorite go to! Thankfully I only let myself maybe once or twice a month but I love all the options of places to go these days! I've only tried 1 place on Elm street so far. I don't know odd isn't it! And I got a couponitopia thing for Cupcakes 101 in Bedford the other day! I can't WAIT to go! I'm actually like a gitty little kid! I just can't wait! lol. 

One of my friends is a cupcake maker though. She does speciality ones and such. She was doing cakes like I do but I think she much prefers the cupcake relm as its so much less stressful. Some day both of us will have enough money to go into business though. LOL. 

chicken13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Having grown up in a heavily Italian area...and then living outside NYC...I miss bakeries.  

And I can't say I'm overly fond of cupcakes...although I am happy we've moved past cake pops and macaroons.  Ick and super ick.

give me a bear claw from planers and I'm content to pretend its a bakery.

AmesCSki
by Amy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
St Anthony's in Exeter is pretty awesome, I don't know any others though. It'll be fun to explore that stuff when we move!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Im not a huge sweets fan so i dont know of or frequent any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I haven't been to any bakeries.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM
We got 2 dozen giant cupcakes from Blackberry Bakery for my daughter's birthday last year instead of a cake. They're ok, but nothing outstanding. We've ordered from Gourmet Cupcakes by Susie (she has a facebook page), who also sells at JDubs coffee shop in Manchester. Fantastic and creative. But my favorite bakery item is the Florentine cannoli from Mike's in the North End. Drool.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I was very disappointed when we moved here! We came from jersey and there were good bakeries every where!
I have yet to find anything that isn't crap :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

You can give me an Italian cake from Spinelli's ANYtime.

(the one's with the cream and strawberry filling...)

They are TO DIE for!!!

ckroch
by Colleen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Me neither

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

I haven't been to any bakeries.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

There are actually 2 in Bedford...Fredericks Pastry and Cupcakes 101

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)