Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no gas and market closed

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 11 Replies

so almost every gas station in town was sold out of gas at 6 pm last night when we got some. Our neighbor works night at Hanaford's and was told to not go in there was nothing left to stock! His boss also said a market basket was closed by police due to too many people being in the store!

Crazy.

And we have nothing yet :/ I cant believe they cancelled school already and the future cast says only 3-6 inches by 3

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:17 AM

That's crazy! Why does everyone get so amped up. It's winter in NH, of course it's gonna snow.  But you'll survive just fine without milk and bread for 3 days. Eat something else.

lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

right lol. I can kinda understand the gas because if they lose power there are no others for 4-5 exits on the highway near us so if you are already low on gas you are screwed we learned the hard way a few years ago. But i am surprised at the supermarkets

Quoting chicken13:

That's crazy! Why does everyone get so amped up. It's winter in NH, of course it's gonna snow.  But you'll survive just fine without milk and bread for 3 days. Eat something else.

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

That is nuts! We will have to call our local grocery stores before we try to go grocery shopping. DH got gas last night and I have a little over half a gallon so we should be okay for the next couple days.

AmesCSki
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I filled up my tank in Epping yesterday and it took no time at all, it wasn't crowded or anything! I also was in Walmart yesterday to get a few last minute things and it was a breeze too. I guess maybe I hit it at a good time of day! People are definitely intense for storms like these!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I topped off my tank this morning...had to go to 7-11..HATE going there, they're SO expensive, plus they didn't have regular...stuck in my craw...

My dh says it's because of the blizzard of '78, people got stuck for a week without food so they panic now..I wasn't here then, I was living on an Army base in Texas.

Doesn't make any sense to me tho, because most of the storms the last 3-4 years, people have lost power for days-weeks..why would you go out and buy stuff you're gonna have to store in the snow and can't cook?

rosemagic01
by Holli on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Crazy. Thankfully we filled up on gas when it last went way down. We filled up the generator and snow blower and got another 5gls. Hopefully that will do us for now. 

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I think i have a half tank, ill have dh check whem he gets home. Dh just ran out to bjs for his junk food supply for work, he said the roads are already getting crappy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM

We filled up when we went grocery shopping last night. It was pretty crazy at Walmart. The lines were horrendous.

jennient3
by Jennie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I don't worry much I have a pizza place incase of anything
But I think it's crazy how people get
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jilly01
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I was able after work to get everything I needed no issues.  We live on the water so I am just worries about flooding and not being plowed out for a day or 2 but so far I have to say the city has been good about keeping the  road clear.  Might be the fire captain that lives up the street.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)