Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

DH and I both.............

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 19 Replies

Got the same call from PSNH warning us about the storm coming in. Saying that they are ready to respond and what not. *gulp*

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM

pffft..after loosing power for a week 3 times...I'm not holding my breath.

I am tho, praying and hoping we don't loose power.

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

This winter? Sorry to hear that, girl. I am also praying we don't lose power either :(

Quoting 143myboys9496:

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Well the storm this past October, then last year and 2 yrs before that.

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Man! How come no one has a 'Dislike' button :( Sorry to hear that. I remember the October one..thankfully we didn't, but people around us did.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It sucks. We lived like nomads. I would shower at my neighbor's when they ran their generator. I'd shower at my mom's and bring laundry.

I mean, it is what it is...but it's frustrating. When we lived in MA, we'd loose power alot too..dh and I think we have a knack for finding homes on the oldest grids in town! LOL

Quoting Crissy2424:

Man! How come no one has a 'Dislike' button :( Sorry to hear that. I remember the October one..thankfully we didn't, but people around us did.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yikes! Hoping everyone's power stays on!

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Sounds like it! Maybe you need to start a 'Generator' fund.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

It sucks. We lived like nomads. I would shower at my neighbor's when they ran their generator. I'd shower at my mom's and bring laundry.

I mean, it is what it is...but it's frustrating. When we lived in MA, we'd loose power alot too..dh and I think we have a knack for finding homes on the oldest grids in town! LOL

Quoting Crissy2424:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I know we should. But there are so many other things that need to get done first.

Quoting Crissy2424:

Sounds like it! Maybe you need to start a 'Generator' fund.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Crissy2424:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

no phone call but got an email from them about it. The raymond police call every few hours with a town update which is pretty cool

lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM

right when its down i know its gonna be down for a long time!! Seems the grids in raymond don't restore enough people at a time so we are always last on the list. Fingers crossed we dont lose it but i know if we do it will be gone a long time which cancels school to because the schools are on the same grid as me. we will go to family in mass (as long as they have power) if it goes past 3-4 days because there is just no way to entertain a 3 and 1 year old for that long in the dark lol

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN