Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH and I both.............

Posted by   + Show Post

Got the same call from PSNH warning us about the storm coming in. Saying that they are ready to respond and what not. *gulp*

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Replies (11-19):
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Yep we got the same call. Crews are already out there waiting. Dh works for liberty and they have been ready and waiting all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Got a phone call here from PSNH as well. There's a generator at our place so I am not worried, maybe we won't lose power!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jilly01
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM
It's getting really windy. As long as nothing on the main line goes down we might be OK. Our lines are undergrown and the main road just had PSNH take down trees.
We have a generator but still it sucks to be on that! No hot water or heat as it doesn't power the whole house just pumps we need to stay dry living on the coast.

Hope everyone is staying safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I felt that same way til last January...dh was on the road and I was in a cast, trying to pour gas into the portable generator without shutting it off first cause I couldn't get it restarted....all one handed...and half the time in the dark.

suddenly the generac was a higher priority.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I know we should. But there are so many other things that need to get done first.

Quoting Crissy2424:

Sounds like it! Maybe you need to start a 'Generator' fund.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

It sucks. We lived like nomads. I would shower at my neighbor's when they ran their generator. I'd shower at my mom's and bring laundry.

I mean, it is what it is...but it's frustrating. When we lived in MA, we'd loose power alot too..dh and I think we have a knack for finding homes on the oldest grids in town! LOL

Quoting Crissy2424:

Man! How come no one has a 'Dislike' button :( Sorry to hear that. I remember the October one..thankfully we didn't, but people around us did.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Well the storm this past October, then last year and 2 yrs before that.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

teenagers are no picnic to entertain either.

Quoting lasombrs:

right when its down i know its gonna be down for a long time!! Seems the grids in raymond don't restore enough people at a time so we are always last on the list. Fingers crossed we dont lose it but i know if we do it will be gone a long time which cancels school to because the schools are on the same grid as me. we will go to family in mass (as long as they have power) if it goes past 3-4 days because there is just no way to entertain a 3 and 1 year old for that long in the dark lol

Quoting 143myboys9496:

pffft..after loosing power for a week 3 times...I'm not holding my breath.

I am tho, praying and hoping we don't loose power.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM

one handed? wow! I know what you mean. Last October....showering at my neighbors, as nice as they were for letting us, it's not home...

How big is your Generac?

Quoting chicken13:

I felt that same way til last January...dh was on the road and I was in a cast, trying to pour gas into the portable generator without shutting it off first cause I couldn't get it restarted....all one handed...and half the time in the dark.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I know we should. But there are so many other things that need to get done first.

Quoting Crissy2424:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

It sucks. We lived like nomads. I would shower at my neighbor's when they ran their generator. I'd shower at my mom's and bring laundry.

I mean, it is what it is...but it's frustrating. When we lived in MA, we'd loose power alot too..dh and I think we have a knack for finding homes on the oldest grids in town! LOL

Quoting Crissy2424:

Man! How come no one has a 'Dislike' button :( Sorry to hear that. I remember the October one..thankfully we didn't, but people around us did.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM

i bet. i just can only take so much of them pushing the tv and flipping light switches and saying mama broken lol power being out still goes way over DS head and he thinks i am being mean and turned it off myself

Quoting 143myboys9496:

teenagers are no picnic to entertain either.

Quoting lasombrs:

right when its down i know its gonna be down for a long time!! Seems the grids in raymond don't restore enough people at a time so we are always last on the list. Fingers crossed we dont lose it but i know if we do it will be gone a long time which cancels school to because the schools are on the same grid as me. we will go to family in mass (as long as they have power) if it goes past 3-4 days because there is just no way to entertain a 3 and 1 year old for that long in the dark lol

Quoting 143myboys9496:

pffft..after loosing power for a week 3 times...I'm not holding my breath.

I am tho, praying and hoping we don't loose power.

chicken13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yup.  One handed.  I preferred not to use my giant torch..aka cast....to hold the 5 gallon cas can.  It was agony.  The whole thing.  Especially at night...while I held the pen light in my teeth.  Must have been quite a show for the neighbors.

we went whole hog.  It'll power everything.  It was basically the only project that got done last year....

Quoting 143myboys9496:

one handed? wow! I know what you mean. Last October....showering at my neighbors, as nice as they were for letting us, it's not home...

How big is your Generac?

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Crissy2424:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Crissy2424:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

jennient3
by Jennie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
No call
Still lucky with power
I hope it stays on
It's crazy windy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)