Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Monday's Storm

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

New winter storm could bring snow, rain, ice to NH

Rain and snow expected on Monday morning

Published  5:58 PM EST Feb 10, 2013

MANCHESTER, N.H. —Another winter storm is headed to New Hampshire just days after the historic February Nor'easter dumped more than two feet of snow in some areas.

The next system, which is much weaker than this recent nor'easter, will move in Monday toward the end of the morning commute from west to east.

The state will all see snow in the first phase before gradually seeing sleet and freezing rain work its way into the mix around midday or early afternoon. This change happens first in southern New Hampshire, which will see all rain later in the day.

Expect accumulation of 1 to 3 inches of wet snow in areas from Manchester to the north and west, over to the Monadnock region and down toward Nashua.

In most of central New Hampshire, including the Upper Valley and Lakes Region, snow will change to an icy mix and could possibly end as rain in this area. Around 2-4 inches of snow is possible in areas where rain holds off longest.

In northern New Hampshire, the precipitation will stay as mainly snow, but some sleet and possibly a little freezing rain could mix in. Around 2-4 inches of snow is likely in northern areas, with perhaps a few higher amounts right around the mountains.

Residents are encouraged to rake their roofs in advance of the latest winter storm due to the threat of rain, which could soak large piles of snow and add a significant amount of weight to roof tops.

Read more:http://www.wmur.com/weather/stormwatch/New-winter-storm-could-bring-snow-rain-ice-to-NH/-/17328920/18488910/-/4x8lt7/-/index.html#ixzz2KYAY6U8C
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I think I might just cry.

whooperz
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I'm so over snow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Ew! See snow I like and I can deal with. It's this wintry mix crap I can live without!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Yuck!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Boo!

chicken13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Rake my roof? Good lord. 

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Eh, not too much this time. Everyone drive safely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I was out early this am to get some formula for the baby and we drove home in a snow shower but it has stopped. I think it'll start to get worse later this morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Coming down like it was the other day all over again here. =\ Not pleased. 

Quoting AmesCSki:

I was out early this am to get some formula for the baby and we drove home in a snow shower but it has stopped. I think it'll start to get worse later this morning.

AmesCSki
by Amy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM
It's snowing like crazy here now, I guess it only needed a short break ha ha.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Coming down like it was the other day all over again here. =\ Not pleased. 

Quoting AmesCSki:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)