Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clean out your computer day

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

Clean Out Your Computer Day

When : Second Monday of the month

Clean Out Your Computer Day is a day to logically review, and delete old files and programs.

Most of us add programs and files to our computer with reckless abandon. After all, computers have huge storage capacity.  Many of these files and programs are forgotten over time. Overtime they clog memory and cause confusion during retrieval and use of other files. And, some may slow down your computer.

Somewhere along the way, a (most likely) computer geek or service person, created this day as an opportunity for us to remember to cleanup and delete old and unused files.

So, get into the spirit of the day, and clean out the old computer.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ckroch
by Colleen on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Hmmm, I don't have time today- but I should clean it out a bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amommyslife03
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
i do a small clean up every couple weeks and a huge clean ups every month or to just so i know all the comps are running good.

also might want to type msconfig in to the start botton. go to start up tab you be amazed how much starts when you turn your comp on and that can sloe you down to you can just hit the disable botton and only you comp stuff will start at start up or you can do that n just recheck certin boxes of things that need to start up whe. you power on your comp

dont forget disk clean up and defrag :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM

all great things to do!

Quoting amommyslife03:

i do a small clean up every couple weeks and a huge clean ups every month or to just so i know all the comps are running good.

also might want to type msconfig in to the start botton. go to start up tab you be amazed how much starts when you turn your comp on and that can sloe you down to you can just hit the disable botton and only you comp stuff will start at start up or you can do that n just recheck certin boxes of things that need to start up whe. you power on your comp

dont forget disk clean up and defrag :-)

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just deleted a bunch of stuff that I didn't need, but I leave the defragging and all that stuff to dh-I'm afraid I'll mess something up LOL

jennient3
by Jennie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

im constantly doing that since I have a kid that loves to makes movies, I am always removing his old stuff

its crazy how much crap ends up on your pc

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Hmm, good idea. We just had our computer crash a month or so ago so it cleaned up for us lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)