Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long day tomorrow **update**

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

Matt's hydrogen breathing test was moved to tomorrow (thank GOD!). It wasn't until the very end of March. He's missing so much school with the stomach problems..gas, cramps, nausea, diarrhea...I feel so bad for him.

So I need to leave work early so I can be home by 7, wake him up, so we can leave by 7:30 to get to Manchester. The test will take about 4 hours.

I'm not even going to think about seeing my pillow until 1:30...IF I'm lucky.

Anyone know where I can score some intravenous caffine? LOL

**So the normally 6 hour test was stopped after 2, because Matt's numbers were so high. The dr said he "blew high numbers before we even gave him the lactulose". So he's been diagnosed with SIBO, which is Small Intesting Bacterial Overgrowth. It's an overgrowth of bad bacteria in his small intestine that has been giving him the nausea, cramps, diarrhea, gas pains. 2 weeks of a GI specific antibiotic, and 1 month of probiotics. Hopefully with the antibiotic he'll start feeling better in a few days. It's something that can come back so obviously it's something that he'll live with. The dr said if it comes back (and "it could") that we'd do antibiotics/probiotics again, but if it came back a 3rd time he'd add dietary changes. We see the dr again in April. I think I'm going to ask about the diet then. I have my kid back! He was joking around, talking (I mean, REALLY talking to me)..he feels validated. That there really IS something going on and it's not "just me or in my head". Thank you again everyone for the positive energy and prayers!! They certainly helped!****

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennient3
by Jennie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I wish you luck with that!
I always said I wished I could have a coffee iv
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I might just nap from 2-5, just so I'm not bat-ass crazy come 6pm.

I'm hoping his test comes out positive...because then we'll have an answer for what's going on with him...and (hopefully) no more tests. Just treatment. I don't want him to have to have an upper GI...

Quoting jennient3:

I wish you luck with that!
I always said I wished I could have a coffee iv

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Good luck! Hope you get the answers you are hoping for!

AmesCSki
by Amy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Good luck!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Good luck!

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I pray for answers for you guys

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Thanks ladies...I feel bad saying I "wish" for a positive test. I SO want an answer for him. I feel SO bad for him, I have no tricks up my sleeve to help him.

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Where is the test? Elliot and cmc have a dunks in house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I hope all goes well! 

lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Good luck today! Hope it goes well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)