Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Thought I was going to die (sort of)

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 17 Replies

I am still recovering, but the past 3 days has been hell. I caught the stomach flu. I was in the ED (emergency department) and almost felt like I was going to pass out. I had to get a couple litters of fluids and a couple doses of pain medications. My daughter was a trooper through it all. My husband was right there with me too. We were stuck there 9 hours total; it was crazy! 

So I am sure you ladies forgive me for being MIA these past few days! I hope none of you have caught this thing. My daughter almost got it, but just ended up with belly pains a couple times. Hubby has the diahrea and lower tummy pains while I got the full blown stuff. I think I've lost 10lbs because I barely have eaten in 4 days. 

Oh and my work has barely worked with me. The first 2 days I thought I was dying, yet I had to work. I got today off because I had a note from the ER doc. It's been crazy!

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Group Admin on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

That sucks.  Hope you feel better soon.

AmesCSki
by Amy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Yikes!!!!! I'm sorry. The baby had it and she was actually in the ER Saturday night getting fluids via IV. Then she passed it on to DH and me, but it lasted only about 24 hours for each of us. It has sucked. I sure hope you feel better and it's crap that your work won't give you a break. Don't they understand that you'll spread germs to other employees and customers??? Unreal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I'm so sorry. Hoe you and everyone is feeling better very soon!

Crissy2424
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Exactly! It says right there in our training that if an employee shows signs of diahrea, vomitting, fever, etc they should not come to work until they are symptom free for 24 hours.

Quoting AmesCSki:

Yikes!!!!! I'm sorry. The baby had it and she was actually in the ER Saturday night getting fluids via IV. Then she passed it on to DH and me, but it lasted only about 24 hours for each of us. It has sucked. I sure hope you feel better and it's crap that your work won't give you a break. Don't they understand that you'll spread germs to other employees and customers??? Unreal.

jennient3
by Jennie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I hope you are starting to feel better. That really sucks about work. I being a person in food service almost want to report them. That is very wrong!
But I do hope you are feeling better crissy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Thats bullshit that they wouldn't give you the days off. No offense to you but I don't want someone walking around with the flu serving me food!!! Thats just horrible way to spread illness even if you were super careful its wrong of them to make you work so sick in a field that could make others sick so quickly! 

rosemagic01
by Holli on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Oh! And I'm glad you're doing better!!! 

rosemagic01
by Holli on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Same here DH is a chef he would flip if he heard this! 

Quoting jennient3:

I hope you are starting to feel better. That really sucks about work. I being a person in food service almost want to report them. That is very wrong!
But I do hope you are feeling better crissy

Crissy2424
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I thought it was very wrong as well

ckroch
by Colleen on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Ugh! I had it- it was horrid. Thought I was going to end up in hosp..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN