Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Losing A Tooth by Liam

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

My child without a doubt is the strangest child I've ever met. That being said this is one of the cute things he does but often frightens me as well...I figured I would share it for cute factor and try to push away my fears. 

During dinner he decided to explain to me that when his tooth comes out this is what will happen. First the tooth comes out and then you put it in a zip lock (what we do) drop it in and zip it and then you put it under your pillow sleep and then the fairy (he holds the #2 on his fingers) and then she takes it and flies away. Its super super fast. He has been doing things more and more like this less speech more 'mimic'/act out with sound effects. Its really really weird.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jennient3
by Jennie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Does he know sign language? My best friends son used only signing for a few years then jumped way ahead in his speech then started going back to only signing. She was worried but turned out a new friend at school only signed

He is adorable btw :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

He is adorable. I LOVE his hat!!

chicken13
by Group Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

It's cute. Not sure why you think its strange.  Some kids just go through that "actions" thing.  Heck, dd talks with her hands so much you'd think she was Italian.

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

awww he is cute!

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

So cute!

rosemagic01
by Holli on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM

He doesn't. He only picked up 2-3 signs when he ws a toddler he didn't have the fine motor skills for a lot of it. When he was a toddler he had a lot of issues with low tone in his neck/shoulders/arms/hands. =\ 

But thank you. 

Quoting jennient3:

Does he know sign language? My best friends son used only signing for a few years then jumped way ahead in his speech then started going back to only signing. She was worried but turned out a new friend at school only signed

He is adorable btw :)

rosemagic01
by Holli on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM

LOL Every time we're out of the house he gets at least one comment on it! 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

He is adorable. I LOVE his hat!!

rosemagic01
by Holli on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM

He has a lot of speech issues and is in speech at school as well as outside of school. He goes through waves of not speaking as much just living totally imagination/sound effects and such which makes speech much more difficult to learn and he often loses focus on reality when he does this because everything is an act or a play which then everything becomes highly dramatic and emotional. Long story but the last two months I haven't had MY kid...I've had a child who was slightly altered because he was going through a lot of stuff that was really upsetting him. I've finally got him back in the last 2 weeks he's finally my normal sweet boy who's happy. I'm afraid to lose that again. 

Quoting chicken13:

It's cute. Not sure why you think its strange.  Some kids just go through that "actions" thing.  Heck, dd talks with her hands so much you'd think she was Italian.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN