Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Joint or separate accounts?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • 18 Replies

This question came up on another forum....

We have 2 joint accounts.  Dh and I have been together since we were 18....so everything that's his really is mine and vice versa.  One account is for day to day stuff, the other account is for extra....

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

We had seperate accounts for a year or two when we meet. Then we had no accounts at all. We perfer cash only not banks at all. I know have an account only in my name for DS SSI payments. They want the account in only one name as well.

chicken13
by Group Admin on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM

You have no account?  How does that work?  How do you cash checks or pay bills?  That's fascinating!

Quoting lasombrs:

We had seperate accounts for a year or two when we meet. Then we had no accounts at all. We perfer cash only not banks at all. I know have an account only in my name for DS SSI payments. They want the account in only one name as well.

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM

we takes any checks we get for some reason to the bank they are drawn on to cash.

we pay bills with money orders or put the money into paypal with a green dot card and pay with my paypal business debit card.

We also dont have a single credit card and havent for about 6 years now.

We dont like the idea of living off money you dont actually have.

Quoting chicken13:

You have no account?  How does that work?  How do you cash checks or pay bills?  That's fascinating!

Quoting lasombrs:

lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
We have joint accts since we moved in together when i was 19
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Joint, since we were dating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
We've got a joint account that we have had since we moved in together several years ago, then we each have an account. The baby has one too lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Sarah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Joint checking and savings
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Group Admin on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I hate debt too. Wish I didn't have any...but working on it. 

Quoting lasombrs:

we takes any checks we get for some reason to the bank they are drawn on to cash.

we pay bills with money orders or put the money into paypal with a green dot card and pay with my paypal business debit card.

We also dont have a single credit card and havent for about 6 years now.

We dont like the idea of living off money you dont actually have.

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting lasombrs:

rosemagic01
by Holli on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Joint. 

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Joint since we moved in together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN