Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Go Blue tomorrow!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Go blue for World Autism Awareness Day
Blue hair or blue house lights? How will you 'light it up blue' for World Autism Awareness Day?
Blue hair for World Autism Awareness Day

Photo: jolante/Flickr.com

Tuesday, April 2, 2013, is the sixth annual World Autism Awareness Day, a day when autism advocates and organizations around the world celebrate by raising awareness and funds to support people with autism. To commemorate the event, the nonprofit autism advocacy group Autism Speaks is asking folks to Light It Up Blue to help shine a light on autism — and they've got lots of great ideas on how to do it.

From the group's website:

"Whether it's your front porch or your local city hall, an office party or a banquet, the whole world is going blue to increase awareness about autism."

This year's Light It Up Blue participants include the Empire State Building, Niagara Falls, Aspen Mountain, Brazil's Christ the Redeemer statue, Rockefeller Center, Sydney Opera House, the New York Stock Exchange, the Paris Stock Exchange, and the Great Buddha at Hyogo, Kobe, Japan. Each of these locations will be cast in blue light on April 2 to raise awareness and funds for autism.  

Want to show your support for family and friends with autism? From a blue porch light to blue hair, there are lots of ways you can get involved and help raise awareness for the cause. Check out the Autism Speaks website for details and make your pledge to Light It Up Blue for World Autism Awareness Day.  And be sure to follow their World Autism Awareness Day Facebook page to keep track of autism awareness events in your area.

Blue hair or blue porch lights? What will you do to celebrate the day?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lasombrs
by Sara on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We got both of the kids blue Autism bears at Build a bear a few days ago. Cace adores his and carries it everywhere! Its the first toy he has ever been attached to. He saw it in the flyer last month and has actually been asking for it because he likes the puzzle piece on the chest.

We will all be wearing blue tomorrow. I'd love to do the kids' hair but i dont think either of them would sit for putting it in or washing it out :(

jennient3
by Jennie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
We will wear blue
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We will be wearing blue. I wish my son would let me put some color in his hair but alas not a battle I will win. 

Crissy2424
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM

My computer room is blue! My car is Blue! and I always wear my blue old navy sweater :)

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM

We will wear blue :)

themomof3boys
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I'm wearing blue and will change my porch light to blue as well today before I head to work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I'll wear my blue scrubs tonite at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)