Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Camping!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 26 Replies

Summer is coming and a big activity a lot of people enjoy to do is camping. 

Do you like to camp? Do you usually go in NH or do you go to other states? Favorite expierience or location you would like to share? 

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I hate camping. It goes back to being a kid and it was always very unenjoyable. Even in the back yard I hated it. I don't know why though its just not my cup of tea. I prefer hotels! lol. But my MIL is a huge fan of it and DH is as well. He grew up going almost every weekend in the summer! He and MIL want DS to experience a little bit of camping this year. I don't want to go though. I think it would be more fun for them to have that experience to themselves because I'd just be a killjoy. Not because I would go out of my way to be grumpy I just wear my emotions on my sleeve and even when I try to fake it most see right through me!

DH agrees it might be a good idea for me to do something else. But he rather me stay in a hotel near them so I can do stuff with them during the day and if DS ends up not being able to tolerate camping he can stay with me at night. (he can't tolerate super hot/super cold temps and well NH isn't usually in the middle a lot!) Also I'd feel a lot safer too. I have a lot of fears that even being medicated in a tent all night I wouldn't likely sleep a peep. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My idea of camping is a hotel without AC....like one on the beach! LOL

ckroch
by Colleen on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM
We love camping. We go in nh often, occasionally Rhode Island.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:17 AM
I've not been camping in awhile. It's not my favorite activity but it's ok. When we lived in Colorado DH and I put up our tent in the backyard lol but ended up going inside for the night after a couple hours!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this

We love camping and hiking.  At least once a year we do Mt Washington.  And we try to get a week in at Acres of Wildlife, I think that's just over the Maine line.  Mt Washington is more hardcore, tents, no electricity or water.  I alway think of Acres as a kids summer camp.  It's got bathrooms, showers, a general store, an activities for day nd night.

mamavalor
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:29 AM

My kids and I love to camp but not DH.  We're trying to get him to rent an RV this summer.  So far he's not liking the idea.  Anyone have any experience with renting RVs?

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM
I hate camping. I need a bed, a toilet that flushes, and a shower. Lol!

I used to camp a lot with girl scouts. hated it.

I'll love my mom-weekends when dh takes ds camping. He wants to camp out at the powwow in couple years too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Haven't rented.  But we have an old Winnebago.  They're snug but they help tremendously if you're not into roughing it. 

Quoting mamavalor:

My kids and I love to camp but not DH.  We're trying to get him to rent an RV this summer.  So far he's not liking the idea.  Anyone have any experience with renting RVs?

rosemagic01
by Holli on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL. This so would be me. I'll humor you but after a while we're marching back inside. 

Quoting AmesCSki:

I've not been camping in awhile. It's not my favorite activity but it's ok. When we lived in Colorado DH and I put up our tent in the backyard lol but ended up going inside for the night after a couple hours!

rosemagic01
by Holli on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM

RV would definitely make it better for me but sounds pricy! I hope you can talk him into it though and that it goes well for you. 

Quoting mamavalor:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)