Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible hostage situation at Nh high school?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 12 Replies

Anyone see this or know more about it?


Very Serious' Police Action Unfolding at Concord High School

At least one taken into custody at the scene.

UPDATE: 8:57 p.m.

At least one person has been taken into custody at Concord High School in connection with a possible hostage situation. The person was taken into custody at around 8:55 p.m.

The first post is below

The Concord Police were called to Concord High School for a "very serious" incident at the school sometime before 8 p.m.

It is unknown at post time what exactly is going on but Concord Police, along with Bow, Dunbarton, and New Hampshire State Police were called to the area. The school was roped off with yellow tape around the building.

The school was officially put in lockdown around 8:30 p.m., with art and music students, teachers, and at least two custodians evacuated from the building.

Social media posts reported “a possible hostage situation” with “police with large guns drawn in the area and teenagers with blood faces running away from the school.” Others said they heard shots fired around the area.

Officers were reportedly searching the area around Warren and Liberty streets earlier in the evening. Concord Fire and Rescue teams were also reportedly stationed at Memorial Field, waiting to assist if needed. Fire Chief Dan Andrus confirmed that a fire team, ambulance, and battalion chief were near the scene to assist if needed.

Concord Police were attempting to contact Principal Gene Connolly, looking for information about an unknown suspect.

Concord Police Chief John Duval couldn't comment immediately on the incident. He said it was "very serious" and was not a training exercise.

Related Topics: Concord High School and Concord Police Department
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA


by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Holy cow...this is the first I've heard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
OMG!! This is the first I've heard of it too. But then I slept all day and I'm at work now.
rosemagic01
by Holli on May. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM

=\ Scary. 

rosemagic01
by Holli on May. 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM

1 person in custody after 'serious' incident at Concord High School

Heavy police presence outside Concord High School

UPDATED 10:27 PM EDT Apr 30, 2013

CONCORD, N.H. —One person was taken into custody in what police said was a "serious" incident at Concord High School on Tuesday night.

Concord police said that at 7:30 p.m. they got a call that there was a student inside the school with a firearm. Police said he pointed the gun at another student and made a threat.

Officers responded to the scene immediately after getting the call, but the student could not be located in the school. The student was taken into custody at a location outside the school. Police are not disclosing that location.

The student, who is being charged as an adult, faces one charge of criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon.

The Central New Hampshire Special Operations Unit searched the school Tuesday night as a precaution. There were night classes and student projects going on at the school, and everyone was safely evacuated without injury.

Police said they were starting to ramp down their presence at the high school shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.



Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/heavy-police-presence-congregating-outside-concord-high-school/-/9857858/19961386/-/hji8w4/-/index.html#ixzz2S0pNVyP2
rosemagic01
by Holli on May. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Concord High School student was arrested on April 30, after allegedly threatening another student with a firearm.

The student, who is 18, was charged with criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, a felony.

In a statement, Lt. John Thomas, a watch commander for the department, said no injuries were reported and the incident is still under investigation.

Police were called to the scene at little past 7:35 p.m., for a report of a student allegedly threatening another student with a gun. They quickly cordoned all the streets immediately around the school with yellow tape and police cruisers, which were stretched to a block and half southeast of the school, from Warren Street to the school’s off-street parking lot, near North Washington Street.

A SWAT team was called in as well as the New Hampshire State Police, Bow and Dunbarton police departments, with a small command center set up in the school’s off-site parking lot. The Concord Fire Department had a rescue team stationed at Memorial Field, just off the school site, to assist if needed.

According to officers speaking over the police scanner, the building was put on lockdown around 8:30 p.m. Officers entered the building and quickly evacuated students participating in afterschool activities and students who were rehearsing as zombies for a play or movie. A number of officers parked on Liberty Street and approached and searched the areas between Liberty and Warren streets.

Police did not comment immediately about the situation. Chief John Duval simply stated that there was a “very serious” incident underway. Other officers reported over the scanner that they were looking to talk to school officials about a potential suspect who was a student at the school.

At a few minutes before 9 p.m., officers reported that a suspect was in custody. School Superintendent Chris Rath and Principal Gene Connolly toured the school with police not long after that.

The suspect, whose name was not released, was arrested off campus near the school, according to WMUR-TV, and may have been upset over the fact that he did not get a part in the zombie play. Police did not release the location of the arrest or any specific information about the incident.

Initial reports from witnesses emailing Patch and posting notes on Facebook stated that it was a potential hostage situation and that there was some concern that people were injured and had bloody faces. It later turned out to be the makeup on the actors in the zombie play as they were leaving the building.


Thankfully no one was actually hurt.

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on May. 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Holy smokes! :(
jennient3
by Jennie on May. 1, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Wow
newmom218
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

It was last evening. Someone threatened a student with a gun. Charged with a few things. Not sure about a hostage. Don't really know what is going on with this world.


Are you near Concord? 

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Oh.my
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I am about 45 min from Concord. Apprently the news just runs rampant with lies these days. The original story was there was hostages and kids were seen leaving with blood on their facess. But then the newest stories is some was just threatened and there were no injuries reported. :/ I wish the media could be charged with something for lying all the time!

Quoting newmom218:

It was last evening. Someone threatened a student with a gun. Charged with a few things. Not sure about a hostage. Don't really know what is going on with this world.


Are you near Concord? 


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)