Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

please stop...

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 19 Replies

Talking out of both side of your mouth.

I can't stand it when schools do that. I'm SO peeved my fanny is fried.

banging head into wall

by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Last Thursday:

school- "Well the teacher won't modify the work so he'll have to drop English and end up with a "WF" (withdraw fail)

me--"no it'll be a withdraw only. He was out for health reasons, and the teaching isn't willing to modify his work, and the tutor that was assigned to him, is now covering another teacher's maternity leave. So my son, has NO tutor."

school--"we'll have to talk to the principal during CHAT" (me thinking "ya, you do that")

Wednesday: (yes, 2 days ago)

school--"So he can't drop English, as it's a full year course and he passed last semester" (boldface lie, they split a full year math class my elder son was going to fail the 2nd semsester..so it can be done)

school--"so I created a miracle and Matt's tutor can still be his tutor! He can only tutor Matt during his free block, so have Matt come in right after getting off the bus from South"

me-"Matt doesn't have South for 3 days this week. You told me the teacher said there was a 95% chance Matt wouldn't make up all the work, so it's better if he drop English"

school-"that's why we said Matt should go to summer school and drop English"

me--"then why does he need to hurry in and right now quck, quick, and meet with Andrew (his tutor)?"

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Someone PULEEZE shoot me. angry

ckroch
by Colleen on May. 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM
:-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on May. 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM
So frustrating

My kid asked for extra help with mAth

The reply was reread the packet

I'm so sick of teachers not teaching

This is through email so I have proof
I'm going to the principal.

I wish you luck.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 10, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Thanks. Matt wants to go to Londonderry's Adult program. It's a 20cr diploma not 24. (Campbell and Londonderry day hs are 24).

I'm so torn as to what to do. I can't even explain. He's basically met the requirements already. Except for the English and maybe a couple of electives.

Basically next year he'll have to take as full a schedule as he can at Campbell and then take night classes thru Nashua adult ed (which are for credit only, the grade doesn't count toward his GPA), and go to summer school for the English class they're telling him he needs to drop.

Quoting jennient3:

So frustrating

My kid asked for extra help with mAth

The reply was reread the packet

I'm so sick of teachers not teaching

This is through email so I have proof
I'm going to the principal.

I wish you luck.

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM

yikes!

I worry about this because cace will miss at least a week of school every month as he gets older because of his auto immune disease. i want it written in somehwere they cant pull this crap :/

Good luck i hope you guys get it worked out so he can get what he needs done on time

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on May. 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM
D:
What in the...

Oye.. not looking forward to the school years
xomrs.chase
by Sarah on May. 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I'd get it done sooner rather than later.

Dh had to be homeschooled at one point when he was on some pretty hefty meds for his UC (basically a pill form of chemo). It ended up putting him behind in school and he didn't graduate until 2000 (should have been 98 or 99)

Quoting lasombrs:

yikes!

I worry about this because cace will miss at least a week of school every month as he gets older because of his auto immune disease. i want it written in somehwere they cant pull this crap :/

Good luck i hope you guys get it worked out so he can get what he needs done on time

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM
:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Oh i bring it up at every single iep meeting trust me! and so far i get that attendance isn't that important yet so they will write it in a few years from now when it does matter.

yeah cause i believe that!

Quoting xomrs.chase:

I'd get it done sooner rather than later.

Dh had to be homeschooled at one point when he was on some pretty hefty meds for his UC (basically a pill form of chemo). It ended up putting him behind in school and he didn't graduate until 2000 (should have been 98 or 99)

Quoting lasombrs:

yikes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN