Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tat prices

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM
  • 16 Replies
So what have you gotten done and how much

I'm asking cause my niece is getting a dream catcher . Pretty good sized
She wants $250
It's pretty detailed

We went yesterday to sit and give her an idea of what she wants. I really thought for her first shed do something a little smaller. But she wants to go for it.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Hmmmm.  

The only price I remember....the 1/2 in star on my hand was $100.  Like 10 yrs ago.  It's not detailed, but I've been told they are very hard cause they need to be symmetrical.

$250 sounds fair to me....

is she sure about the back of the neck?  She won't be able to wear her hair up without it showing.  Maybe drop it a little lower between the shoulder blades, under the collar line.

xomrs.chase
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Sounds like a deal. I didn't pay for 80% of mine. The ones I did pay for are small lol
lillucky8
by Jen on May. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I had an apprentice for my first and it was $50. My second was $100 or $150, i cant remember, my place usually charges $100/hr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on May. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM
My thoughts on the neck also, if she works in a business environment or healthcare she wont be able to have it showing. Alot of places are getting more strict about that.

Quoting chicken13:

Hmmmm.  

The only price I remember....the 1/2 in star on my hand was $100.  Like 10 yrs ago.  It's not detailed, but I've been told they are very hard cause they need to be symmetrical.

$250 sounds fair to me....

is she sure about the back of the neck?  She won't be able to wear her hair up without it showing.  Maybe drop it a little lower between the shoulder blades, under the collar line.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

How big is it?

Hard for me to tell - my first three (a four leaf clover, an artist's palette and a trinity knot) were at tattoo parties in Mass when it was still illegal ... they're all about 2 inches x 2 inches (give or take) and were all $50 (first two are color, third was black ink). My most recent is about 2.5 tall and 5 inches wide, black Aerosmith logo with my last name in it. I haggled with the guy and he did it for $100.

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I got  a tribal dragon about the size of my fist, all black, just flash first tat ever done at Captn Brett's tribal tattoos in Cumberland RI and paid $200. it took less then 45 minutes to do.

5 months later i got my second. a full custom drawn angle bigger then my hand. color, took, 4 hours. I paid $260 for that one. Skullduggery in Derry.

The second experience was much better!! and i think i was just screwed on the price for the first one because it was my first and they knew i didnt know better.

Take a look at size, number of color changes, and how many hours you think it will be. around $40-50 an hour seems right to me plus tip if they are nice, don't hurt you during the process let you take breaks etc.

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Mobile Photo

$200
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Mobile Photo

$260
chicken13
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Like the dragon. 

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

$200

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I like him too.

I once went to a women with some friends that can see your guardian spirits. She said mine was a little old Japanese man with the soul of a fierce dragon. Like a looks can be deceiving thing. Since he watches my back I though he should be there.

The angle fairy like one is along the same idea. My mom died when I was little and I like to think she has my back too

Quoting chicken13:

Like the dragon. 

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

$200

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)