Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need suggestions

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
Tomorrow dds softball tourny is all day. It's supposed to be 90's. mil is going to keep John, because he would be miserable. I'm going to take Luke... I'm going to bring an sun shade/umbrella. I'm going to bring his carseat likely so he can in that. What else can I do? Cool cloth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lillucky8
by Jen on May. 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM

id do a cool cloth, bring a small cooler if you have one with ice or icepacks and put a couple in there so you can circulate them as they get warm, def bring your umbrella thing for shade, i might even take time in the car with the ac on so you both down overheat, and tons and tons of water for you!

ive also been putting coles rings and teething toys in the freezer and giving them too him so he has something cool to play with, maybe throw a bunch of rings into the freezer tonight to bring

ckroch
by Colleen on May. 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Luke's only 8 weeks, so I don't think the rings will help, but I will try the cooler.

Quoting lillucky8:

id do a cool cloth, bring a small cooler if you have one with ice or icepacks and put a couple in there so you can circulate them as they get warm, def bring your umbrella thing for shade, i might even take time in the car with the ac on so you both down overheat, and tons and tons of water for you!

ive also been putting coles rings and teething toys in the freezer and giving them too him so he has something cool to play with, maybe throw a bunch of rings into the freezer tonight to bring

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on May. 31, 2013 at 2:24 PM

oh yah...lol, i looked at your profile page and for some reason thought april was three months ago...lol...this heat and cranky kids are making me loopy, does he take a pacifier? maybe toss a cpl of those in the cooler too! :)

Quoting ckroch:

Luke's only 8 weeks, so I don't think the rings will help, but I will try the cooler.

Quoting lillucky8:

chicken13
by Group Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Dd has these things called frogg toggs.  They're these weird cloth cooling things.  Friends of ours in GA have a sun that plays football and they swear by them. 

You can make something similar...cooler with icy cold water and a shammie.  Dunk the shammie and let it cool, wring it mostly out and wrap around your neck.

chicken13
by Group Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM

You're a nurse right?  Think large veins.  Neck, inner thighs.  Ice packs applied to those will cool his body quicker.

ckroch
by Colleen on May. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Oh! He does! Great idea. Better then freezing my nipples... Lol

Quoting lillucky8:

Colleen-  Wife to Cory. Mom to Alexis (6/9/06), John (12/29/2011) and Luke (4/1/2013)

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Well you could try that, but it might be cold

Quoting ckroch:

Oh! He does! Great idea. Better then freezing my nipples... Lol

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on May. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Ok. I think we're ready. I bought chairs with canopies, i have a big sun umbrella, I bought a 10" fan that's battery operates. I have gatorades and waters freezing, ice packs in freezer, cooler ready to go. Face clothes that I will use with cool water for Luke. I brought extra pacifiers to put in ice/cool water. Dh will be with me for part of the day, so we can take turns sitting in car w ac on as needed.
I think I've covered as much as I can?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on May. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Hope you found ways to stay cool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)