Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Darn Weather!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

So my DH put 1 AC in, but says the side of the other broke so he didn't put it in DD's room. I was pissed! I don't want my LO hot! So she has 2 fans in her room lol. I also squirted her with cold water and wet her hair. Tomorrow DH and I are gonna finagle it so she can have an A/C in there. Plus, we need to buy another bigger one for our living/dining room area. I really HATE summer. Spring and Fall are perfect seasons.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on May. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I hear ya! It is soooo hot! We've not installed the air conditioners yet...I've been bugging DH about it nonstop! Hopefully it cools off soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on May. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM
We have the main one downstairs, but I put the one in our bedroom on and opened our door, put a fan in front of ds's door. Hoping it pushes cool air into his room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Part of this house is kinda underground so it actually wasn't hot in here til I cooked dinner. It was nice with no fans and no open windows
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on May. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM

We are finally getting the AC put in tomorrow. My FIL had to build some kind of shelf to hold it because it's so big. I can't wait-I'm sweltering!

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I'm not even bothering with the AC. Its going back to the 70's next week I see no reason to waist the electricity. Then again last year our bill was upwards of 180 and I really don't want to start that until we have to. 

lillucky8
by Jen on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:59 AM
We have one in the living room, one in our room and one in coles room. I need to buy one for alis room. It was so hot in her room last nighy even with the ceiling fan and a second fan she kept waking up so i just brought her into our room for the night, cole got up four times also...ahhh...this heat is turning my kids .into monsters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Group Admin on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate turning the ac on.  Hate the caged feeling.  Weird I know.  

Also hate the gigantic electric bill.

and totally agree....we can suffer for a couple days...Monday is supposed to be nice.

Quoting rosemagic01:

I'm not even bothering with the AC. Its going back to the 70's next week I see no reason to waist the electricity. Then again last year our bill was upwards of 180 and I really don't want to start that until we have to. 

chicken13
by Group Admin on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Dh wants to put a ceiling fan in his office......

jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I'm sorry

We had ours installed in the wall because that way we don't worry
My electric bill is cheaper than my heating so I don't care
I live 1 minute away from the lake

I love this weather

Everyone wishes for perfect weather and well, nothing in life is perfect :)

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM

It gets really hot in our house so I rather not have my daughter get heatstroke. So when the cooler weather gets back we just wont run the ac's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)