Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finding new true friends??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM
  • 19 Replies

It is so hard to find true friends. I have many aquintances and colleages but even my truest best friend is in TN and a family of her own so it's difficult to keep in touch. I think some women are friends but consistantly get blown off or smoke blown about getting together. 

Any advice for finding women that I can share similar interests with and find that close connection with?

And to have those women to go to dinner with, confide in with and just laugh with?

S/O doesn't totally understand and sometimes I just need a break away. 

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I think once you become a mom, the easiest way is through your kids. It takes time though... and a lot of trial and error lol
ssunshine360
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM
A lot of trial and error … I got to know my best friend when we struggled through the early periods of twin motherhood together.
newmom218
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Ive had some great people who I thought were friends but it always turned into a one-sided friendship. And now I don't have time for that. I'm not into being catty and gossipy so it's hard to find women my age to do dinner with or get together and chat with. I feel isolated sometimes because I don't drink that people dont want to hang out. I love to dance and love going out dancing I don't need alcohol to do so. 

Just looking for sincere women out there.

jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
It's tough
My best friend lives in PA, we have our phone conversations. They keep me sane
But other friends I have made here are not like her. They make great company, but I'm not interested in starting that relationship

The best way is to be open and friendly, and just like a s/o sometimes you click and sometimes you don't

Do you go to church? Or maybe try hosting a party, getting to know some people
Rembrandt2186
by Jes on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I hear ya, I am having the same problem since having kids. :( I can't even get out to go anywhere cause we only have one car. I want to be involved with projects and organizations and stuff but can't because I don't have a car or childcare for the kids. It makes me sad :( . I like the idea of hosting a party- maybe find someone that does something interesting like Thirty-One, or Tupperware, etc... I signed up to be a consultant with Usborne Books so that I could keep busy and meet people when I threw parties, but I haven't had much success in meeting new people yet. :/

newmom218
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I've tried to have ladies nights in and out. Both hosting and no one ever responds. Or it's the same old response that they already have plans. We just had a huge BBQ with all our friends and family and it went great. But I still in my own home didn't feel as included as I thought i would..

I'm not looking for some crazy party friends or having to have something big all the time. Even just someone to go get pedicures with or lunch, shopping or dinner. This has been since I had my baby but even before that. I guess I just really notice it now . Now that I really want someone there to talk with.

chicken13
by Group Admin on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My best friend lives in NJ.  We talk and email daily.  Get together about 4 times a year.  I would donate a kidney if she needed it...and vice versa. 

my best couple friends live in FL, GA. We get together about 2 to 3 times a year.  We've all been through a ton together, and I know they've got my back.

It's hard to connect.  You've got to just keep those good friends close...

Rembrandt2186
by Jes on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:50 PM

What do you do for work? Maybe get to know some co-workers? 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM

My bff...we met when her twins and my youngest were in kindergarten together. She liked me because my "filter" is usually on the fritz..lol And I like her for the same reason.

If she came to me in the middle of the night and said "I need all the cash in your wallet and your car keys." I'd do it. And she'd do it for me.

She lives in MA, we mostly talk on the phone. Sometimes we meet for lunch, but not as often as we'd like.

Where do you live?

newmom218
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:46 AM

im a surgical tech and work in the or. im the baby by at least 10 years.

Quoting Rembrandt2186:

What do you do for work? Maybe get to know some co-workers? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)