Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Train day today in Dover

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ckroch
by Colleen on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Looks fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Cool
I'm assuming you went
How was it?
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Oh bummer I didn't know about this. 

lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

we did. we got there at 10 when it opened. we went inside and played with the train table Cace likes for a while then did the trolley ride to see the real train. He liked the trolley for the most part but isn't crazy about wind so he probably would have been happier if they had the plastic down over the windows :)

It was just the Pam Am frieght engine, not a big special train but he lvoed it. He walked through it and as he got to the conductors area we heard whistles that the AMTrack train was coming through so they let him sit up front and watch the huge train go by on the track. Purely by accident we were there at that time and he was the only one at least in our group that got to sit in the train for so long. He liked it.

They had two police in tactical gear at either end of the train and in front of the caution tape blocking off the rest of the tracks. (we weren't at the station, just a random section of track the trolley could park near in a parking lot). He liked to see them. They also brought the Train police 6 wheel ATV and the kids could sit in it and pretend to drive, and a big old Humvee which both kids liked. They had a huge bell from the station in the back of a pick up truck they could ring. Not a ton to do but just enough til the trolley came back so switch with new riders and go back to the museum.

I'm glad we went. He had about as much fun as he would have had at Day out with Thomas and it was free. (he loves thomas, but the huge crowds and noise levels knock his excitement way back) There was only three other small families with us when we went on the trolley about 10:20

Quoting jennient3:

Cool
I'm assuming you went
How was it?

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Fun, wish I had known earlier...

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM

OH sounds like fun! Glad all of you had a great time!!

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Didn't know, but glad you went

xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
D:
I never heard of it! I'll look for it next year. How fun!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)