Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this typical of a 4-5 year old?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

So we were at the park this afternoon (fun time!) and were on the swings. My DD just comes out with, "Mommy, when are you having another baby?" I told her someday. She seemed to mull this over then change the subject. She seems to have been VERY curious of this lately. I don't know why, but I feel bad when I have to say 'not right now'. It's been on my mind is all, but the fact that she still brings up mommy having another baby every now and then consistantly is what has got me wondering lol

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ssunshine360
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
My 5 year olds have been asking those questions since their younger sister was born last year.
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

If she is in school or activities with other kids her age, then she may be hearing talk about brothers/sisters, etc. Even just seeing bigger families might be enough to have her asking. I think it's common with only children too. My daughter and her cousin both have asked about having a sibling. (Neither will be getting one! lol)

thatgirlNH
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I think that is pretty normal, I would say especially for a girl, if they see a baby or pregnancy somewhere they would probably ask.

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM

My son's been asking that for about 3 years. He's pretty desperate for a sibling.

jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:57 AM
It's normal yes
Kids usually want a sibling
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Sometimes only until they have one
;)

Quoting jennient3:

It's normal yes

Kids usually want a sibling

lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Cace has never asked but he does already have one and socially he isn't 4 yet so perhaps it will come later to him

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I hope she gets over it. We are financially not ready for that yet.

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM

3 years! Oh geeze....we plan on another, but not for a couple years.

Quoting rosemagic01:

My son's been asking that for about 3 years. He's pretty desperate for a sibling.

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM
He's 7 so it's been a while but e asks less now he seems to understand now that we can't have more now.

Quoting Crissy2424:

3 years! Oh geeze....we plan on another, but not for a couple years.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)