Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a distracted driver?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:58 AM
  • 16 Replies

Are you a distracted driver? Do you multitask like talk on the phone, eat, or do anything else when driving?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
granitegal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:59 AM

I used to be a distracted driver but since having kids I'm a lot more focused behind the wheel.

chicken13
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I try not to be.  I'll drink and nibble.  Nothing messy.  I won't talk on the phone or set the GPS....I pull over for that.  

jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I drink coffee sometimes but other than that no. We take driving very seriously. Too many family members have passed in car accidents.
My phone is ignored and I also have to say I love the controls on the steering wheel for the radio.
Crissy2424
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM

No, not really. If I do it is when I am alone in the car. If my child is in the car I pay extra attention to the road.

ssunshine360
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I never answer the phone while driving. Occasionally I might sip on a drink if the conditions are safe. My biggest distraction is my children.
lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I eat but that's about it
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I don't drive but when I did I wasn't. I'll likely be forced to start doing it again soon though and I know for certain I won't. 

DH does talk on the phone but he had a blue tooth. Now the entire car is blue tooth accessable so its even less of an issue he just touches a button on the steering wheel. Thats about the only thing he does. 

I think its important to be a focused driver at all times. Not just when you have kids in the car because while you may not have kids in the car someone else does its important to be alert for not only yourself but everyone on the road.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I don't drive...

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM

My whole car is bluetooth, so to make a call I just push a button on the steering wheel. I do drink, coffee, diet pepsi, water in the car, occasionally I'll eat but nothing complicated.

jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM

how can you not drive?? I wouldnt survive, having to rely on someone to take me everywhere..lol

Quoting AidanCamsMom:

I don't drive...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)