Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever ordered a fancy cake like from ace of cakes?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

One of the in 3d sculpture ones? How much did it cost? The shows website says they start at $1,000 but of course I not want one that needs to be delivered fom MD or made by celebrities lol. Just curious if its like $1-200 or really close to a grand. I want a rescue bot cake for cace but not if is a grand :)

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM
We got our cake from Jacques. DELISH and it was beautiful. 3 tier Alice in wonderland.

I think it was $800?
xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Doesnt someone in here make cakes?
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Never ordered one of those fancy cakes...always just the rectangular ones here.

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I would not spend that much on a cake! Shaws does a fine job lol Yes, I think there is a CM'er that makes AWESOME ones of all kinds here somewhere.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM

No..the biggest thing we've done is ordered a whole sheet cake with 1/2 strawberry 1/2 cream filling from Spinelli's in Boston.

jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt spend that on my wedding cake..lol

but yes, they are crazy expensive. My godmother got a crazy cake that was like 700 

lillucky8
by Jen on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I could never spend that kind of money on a cake. My wedding cake and cupcakes were a gift from a baker friend. Another friend made alis bday cupcakes last yr for $20!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Amy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Holli (rosemagic) does cakes, she did that one with the comedian--can't remember the name of the comedian lol. But she has posted some awesome pics! I think she can do little boy theme cakes pretty well too from what I've seen!
But to answer your question I've never ordered a fancy cake lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I found him online a little while ago. They gave Optimus prime in their gallery on a small circle cake

Quoting xomrs.chase:

We got our cake from Jacques. DELISH and it was beautiful. 3 tier Alice in wonderland.

I think it was $800?
lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I didn't know if she sells them though

Quoting AmesCSki:

Holli (rosemagic) does cakes, she did that one with the comedian--can't remember the name of the comedian lol. But she has posted some awesome pics! I think she can do little boy theme cakes pretty well too from what I've seen!

But to answer your question I've never ordered a fancy cake lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)