Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you workout?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

How often? Where? What is your favorite thing to do? I used to go to Planet Fitness and loved the tredmill. Now I just do Walk Strong at home. I also walk around outside...play with my daughter...etc.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I am getting back in the groove cause I gained since quitting smoking

but I love to walk/jog with the dog. I am doing couch potato to marathon...its a website

I love my zumba and wii fit

my treadmill died, but I used to rock the heck out of that

now someone gave me hip hop abs dvd, just started this week and lets say it is def making a difference

I do my stairs too, I make it a point to go up and down for 20 minutes, doesnt have to be fast

but my middle son really wants insanity and we just ordred it

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I need a new cardio dvd workout of some sort to mix it up

lillucky8
by Jen on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I have a treadmill and elliptical in my basement. I was doing it four days a week but dhs schedule changed so im not able to do it when he gets home from work so now i need to start getting my butt up before he goes to work in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennient3
by Jennie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM
That's what I started
I get up at 5
Out by 10
Lol
It's exhausting

It's tough at first
But I fell into a routine early
I can't help it
I pass out by ten

Quoting lillucky8:

I have a treadmill and elliptical in my basement. I was doing it four days a week but dhs schedule changed so im not able to do it when he gets home from work so now i need to start getting my butt up before he goes to work in the morning.
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I run at least three times a week. I just did a 7 mile run for the first time ever ( I'm aching!) I'm really bad about strength training and should get into that. I might look into that Hip Hop Abs though ... don't think I'm ready for Insanity!
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I belonged to Planet Fitness before we moved up here..LOVED that place. Since we moved up here I had to increase my hours from 24 to 36, I gave up my gym membership because my schedule was too scattered for me to use it.

I do try super hard to ride my bike when the weather is good. It's better than nothing.

chicken13
by Group Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I walk the dogs 3 miles a day. (Basically 10,000 steps)  I try to get to the gym at least once a week to do strength training.  And I try to get in at least 1 short run.

add that to all the weeding, mulching, etc....and I'm good. 

Id like to be able to fit in another strength and/or Pilates....but I just don't have time right now.

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Yea, I miss the gym, but just didn't have time. I try to workout twice a week.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Was your PF 24 hours? Mine wasn't when I first joined and it was hard (I was working in Boston and commuting 3 hours a day) Now it is and it's a lifesaver. Like last night I ended up going after my daughter was in bed, my husband was watching the hockey game. Was able to commit 90 minutes without cutting into family time, which was nice. 

Quoting Crissy2424:

Yea, I miss the gym, but just didn't have time. I try to workout twice a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)