Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

High-risk sex offender to be released near NH

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

High-risk sex offender to be released near NH border

Timothy Szad gets out July 26

Published  10:17 PM EDT Jul 16, 2013
Timothy Szad

Timothy Szad to be released on July 26th

Vt. Dept. of Corrections

BURLINGTON, Vt. —High-risk sex offender Timothy Szad will be released to an undisclosed address in Springfield, Vt. July 26, 2013, after serving his maximum sentence, near Charlestown and Claremont. 

Vermont Department of Corrections officials say Szad was convicted of aggravated sexual assault. 

Szad is designated by the DOC as high-risk because he scored in the high range on a sex offender risk assessment tool.  Though officials point out he was compliant with the sex offender treatment program while at the southern state correctional facility. 

According to the notification from the DOC, if Szad were to re-offend, his likely victims would be male strangers between the ages of 12 and 13, in particular those with blond hair and blue eyes.

Even though he will not be under the supervision of the DOC, Szad will be required to register with the Department of Public Safety and will be on the internet sex offender registry.

Read more:http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/highrisk-sex-offender-to-be-released-near-nh-border/-/9857858/21008822/-/xisf7qz/-/index.html#ixzz2ZIri6pie

Its not in our state but I don't know if anyone is close to the border. Its always good to know about this anyways. How does it make you feel that they are putting a known sex offender who they feel is a risk back out on the street. Should they do more than just make him register if someone is known to be high risk? What are your thoughts?

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Macksmom2006
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM

wow he needs to not be in socitey! He's at high risk for reoffending!

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM
O.o oh man
It says he reached his maximum sentence. I'm curious what that was.
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the system in place.....sucks....but what are you going to do?

frankly, I'm less worried about the offenders that are known.  It's the ones that haven't been found out yet that make my skin crawl.

Rembrandt2186
by Jes on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Springfield is near us :(. I don't think they should release him but what are they going to do? 

lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM
He did his time :/ not much else you can do but wait sadly
Crissy2424
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I pray he does not harm another child.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I hope and pray he doesn't hurt another kid...if he's served his time, there's really nothing anyone can do. Unless VT has a 3 strikes rule.

jennient3
by Jennie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe high risk ones shouldn't be out in society
I like that they let you know where they live and what not but there are so many loop holes in that

I just pray he doesn't hurt another child
ckroch
by Colleen on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Disgusting!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Same here. If they have to be released they should be forced into a program that they are seen daily or at least every other day by a therapist or something. If not treated like the mentally ill and locked up for good.

Quoting jennient3:

I believe high risk ones shouldn't be out in society
I like that they let you know where they live and what not but there are so many loop holes in that

I just pray he doesn't hurt another child

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)