Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Attack Outside of Chuck E Cheese!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:08 AM
  • 8 Replies

Father, son pepper-sprayed outside shopping plaza

No arrests made

UPDATED 12:30 AM EDT Jul 27, 2013

MANCHESTER, N.H. —Manchester police are looking for a pair of brazen would-be robbers who pepper-sprayed a man and his kids as they were leaving Chuck E Cheese Friday afternoon in Manchester.

Investigators said the man was putting his young son into his car when he was grabbed from behind, choked, and then had his face enveloped in a curtain of Mace.

The attack happened in broad daylight and left the man and one of his sons nearly incapacitated and writhing in pain on the ground.

Officers rushed to the shopping plaza on South Will Street.

"Two guys jumped him, pepper-sprayed him, and choked him.  We were just getting out of Chuck E Cheese and stuff, strapping in his little son," said Luis Galan who witnessed the attack.

Witnesses said the victim took an extended blast of spray right in the face and the cloud billowed out around his young son.  Both ended up in the hospital for treatment.

"They're both getting their eyes washed out right now," said the victim's father, Jose Santiago.

Police believe the assailants targeted this man.

"I don't think this is a random act," said Lt. Michael Hurley with the Manchester Police Department.

But police are not entirely sure what the attackers were after.

"At some point, the first subject threw him to the ground, they then kept asking him where it was -- the victim stated he wasn't really sure what they were looking for -- they went through his pockets," said Hurley.

They bolted when the crowd around them in the parking lot began to grow.  Police describe them as white men in their mid- to late 20s.  One had a shaved head and a moustache.  The other had blond, spiked hair.  Members of the victims' family said they have no idea why anyone would do this.

"It's shocking, it's heartbreaking, I mean right now I'm bottling up a lot of anger and get some solitude, and whatever," said Galan.

Police said there are security cameras at this shopping plaza, but unfortunately they cannot see the outer reaches of the parking lot, meaning the assault and attempted robbery went unrecorded.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/father-son-peppersprayed-outside-shopping-plaza/-/9857858/21200466/-/vp73i6z/-/index.html#ixzz2aKF54EWk

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:09 AM

This is so messed up! We are down there several times a month in that area at Hobby Lobby, Chuck E Cheese and Toys R Us. So scary that this happened. The poor child who got sprayed as well. I hope the man has something to offer police about why this might have happened or why he might have been targeted. So awful.

jennient3
by Jennie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM
I have been living in NH for 15 years now. I am saddened by how there is more and more crimes like this. Also Manchester is such a bad area now.
ckroch
by Colleen on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM

That is so sad.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Wow! That's crazy :(

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM

It is and it isn't. Manchester has a flux of up and down behavior. When the cop killer was loose there was TONS of stuff going on like crazy. When they caught him after killing the cop it all stopped. Seriously got quiet down there other than a few random small acts here and there. It picked up for a bit about 2 years ago for about 6 months but then got shut down again. Its now picking up in the worst way. I'm hoping they figure out whats causing it so that crime goes way down again. However Laconia on average has a lot more issues than Manchester on a regular basis. Occisionally Nashua peaks too. Its so weird. I watch Manchester closely though. DH working right down town and us being in a car right where he works one day (before the cop killer was caught) and there was a stray bullet in daylight shot. I am very worried for DH these days. 

Quoting jennient3:

I have been living in NH for 15 years now. I am saddened by how there is more and more crimes like this. Also Manchester is such a bad area now.

lillucky8
by Jen on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Omgosh, im in that parking lot at least weekly, im always very mindful of my surroundings bc i have the kids w me...i guess ill be even more paranoid now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

OMG...such a horrible thing to happen..hope everyone is OK, and they find the robbers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN