Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Baby Ethan *update*

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm so mad at myself I went to edit the post and I hit the delete instead. Grr. 

Ok so I got an update. They hear tomorrow whether or not he will have his surgery on tues or not. He's looking good and doing better. Not sure if everyone had seen my update on whats going on with him though so the next part will be about that if you missed it. 

Ethan was born on the 5th. SIL and BIL kept making comments to the nurses about how worried they were about his breathing. The nurses would just pass it off as nothing. Finally they got someone to listen to them and it all happened very quickly. Ethan was transported to Dartmouth where they found that the tube that goes from your mouth to your belly had not completed and had fused itself shut. So all that he was eating was just going down the tube and staying there. The first surgery that he has will be to correct this. Then there is something wrong with his bum. The whole is in the wrong spot and it isn't working correctly. So they will have to address that as well. =( 

SIL seems to be doing better. She had lots done because he ended up being an emergency csection and she had to get surgery to get big cyst out and get her tubes done. 

Any thoughts, good vibes, prayers you can send there way would be appreciated. 

Surgery was moved until Weds. =( They had to put a new IV in because his kept blowing out? So they had to put in a main line? I'm not really sure what that means but hopefully they have it figured out. We're not going to be able to get up there which is really disappointing I would like to go support them but its so far and Liam doesn't do well in inclosed spaces I don't want to stress them out anymore than they are and we can't see the baby either. I wish there was something more we could do. 

9/22

Its been a while since I updated sorry. He had his surgery and all went well through it. However he had a leak test on Weds and failed it. It will depend on if the next one is success or not on how long he is in. If its sucessful he will likely stay another two weeks. If not then much longer. =\ They're not doing well. SIL won't leave the hospital from what I've been told. She doesn't want to leave except to go to the place she's staying at night I guess and BIL has to go home with the 3 other kids. We wish we could help them more we brought them some food because money is super tight for them right now but I wish there was more we could do to help them we're just so far. Hopefully Ethan gets well soon.

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Sending good thoughts for the munchkin...poor little guy. Best of luck to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Will keep praying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor little bugger!  Sending good thoughts.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Still praying!

Rembrandt2186
by Jes on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Praying for him! Poor thing! 

rosemagic01
by Holli on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Thank you all. 

Crissy2424
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs and prayers for them.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hugs and prayers for him and your sil and bil.

A main line is a central line. It's a larger IV, usually with multiple ports that's inserted and ends in a large vessel.

chicken13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Good luck.  Poor thing.

lasombrs
by Sara on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Oh my :( poor baby. That must be hard on the other kiddos. I wouldn't want to leave the hospital either. I hope things improve!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)