Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hampshire Moms New Hampshire Moms

Homeschooling

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hi ladies. Do any of you homeschool? If so do you have any links or info for the state? Ideas on curriculum or how to get started? Looking online just confuses me more. So I'd like someone to share real, personal experience and information. Thank you!!
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chicken13
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Closest we've done is online math.  Dd's school couldn't provide her with a math course at her level.  One year we used thinkwell.  The next VLACS.  Both had pluses and minuses....

good luck.

xomrs.chase
by Sarah on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I plan to! DS is only 2, though. 

mamax20810
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I really want too as well. My oldest is in kindergarten and his school is good. But at the end of the day id much rather have him home with us. And my husband as well. This winter break with today's snow day have been awesome!
amyand4
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Hi, I home school. This is my second year. There are a lot of curriculums to choose from and it can be very overwhelming. How old are your children? Have they previously been in public school? I am going to get you some helpful links. Feel free to PM if you have questions. Amy

amyand4
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Best place to start is www.nhhomeschooling.org this has the laws of NH, curriculum, co-ops in NH. Laws are not very struck in NH. Again let me know if you have other questions.

mamax20810
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Thank you very much. My boys are 5 & 3 yrs old. My 5 yr old is in kindergarten at this time so I'm mostly looking to start next year.

Quoting amyand4:

Best place to start is www.nhhomeschooling.org this has the laws of NH, curriculum, co-ops in NH. Laws are not very struck in NH. Again let me know if you have other questions.

Crissy2424
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:36 AM

No, my daughter is in daycare, then will be doing public school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)