• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've had better months.

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

July is really kind of ticking me off. 

So I started working for my husband on and off since the end of the college school year. Basically for some big events they had like a art showing and graduation. Also for a camp that they had for possible future students. It wasn't too bad. It was hard. But the last two weeks were the most difficult. I haven't pulled full time hours in years and the job is very demanding as far as what I need to get done in a day and because my body isn't in the greatest of shape it was very hard to get through. But I made it. I worked 2 full weeks with only 1 day off in the middle of it all. I did my damnest to impress my boss and my husband and from what they said I went above and beyond. I'm not thrilled with what I did I feel like I could have done so much more and so much better. But at the end of the day their thoughts are the most important and I know I'm harder on myself than anyone. 

But our very last night of our very last day of the two week camp of hellish hours and nonstop driving between getting my son to summer school and then to work and then to get him out of school to my mom's and back to work then to my mom's and then back to work and hardly seeing my son at all and promising him that because of these checks that we were going to be able to do all this stuff together as a family and have some good times the rest of the summer because I had off until the 3rd of Sept.

But then we were emptying out our catering van in the loading doc of the building we work in. And something horrible happened. Some how our boss who was supposed to pull forward actually backed up and backed right into my husband. My husband who was hit by the van was then pushed into the loading docs half wall that comes to about his chest and then pinned there for what seemed like hours. So many fucking hours. It wasn't. Me and another coworker who were standing on top of the doc screaming and I pounded on the vans back window. She finally moved forward. 

I won't tell you what happened after that because honestly I can't keep telling the story every time I do end up getting extremely sick. I have PTSD from a past accident and its back in full force seeing my husband pinned like that. He fractured a bone in his leg. Bruised his liver had some bleeding in his bladder that they still aren't sure where it came from. He has something called Crush syndrome. He has bruising all over his body and is on crutches and in a brace. Its been very hard on our family. Emotionally and physically. I don't drive so thats only made it that much worse. 

I find it most frustrating that people we haven't talked to in years or aren't close with in anyway have offered more help than our close friends and family which have offered next to nothing and a few have acted like they don't even remotely care. I have friends in Canada and Vegas both who have offered more support than those around me. I'm finding myself extremely angry. Angry at those around me. Angry at friends and family. Furious at our boss. We don't have health care so I can't go get help. I feel like I'm losing my mind and I have no one who really wants to hear about it. 

I don't know why I'm writing this here. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe just that I feel like there's no sense of community in our state and a reminder to those who live here and I can speak freely to that when you come across those in need please think twice think three times then think three more times about what you can do to help. Even if its to offer to bring someone to the doctor or an ear to listen or something. When did people lose their kindness. I'm not looking for anyone to do stuff for us. But the offer would be nice. It would be nice for family to call and care. Would be nice if someone visited and actually asked how my husband is doing. But instead his mother calls to tell us about a new album by some guy she likes just came out. Friends ask me to be there emotionally for them. To drop everything time and time again and I do. I don't understand why no one ever returns the favor these days. 

I'm losing my faith in humanity and trying desperately not to tell everyone I know to go to hell because obviously I don't need them in my life if they are useless when I need help. 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmesCSki
by Amy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Oh Holli. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's accident. Sounds like you are all really having a rough time. It is also a load of BS that people you are close to aren't stepping up to help you guys out. Sending well wishes and good thoughts your way...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rembrandt2186
by Jes on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:05 PM

So sorry about your husbands accident! I hear you on the friendship thing, no one has offered to help us either during this transition of dd being diagnosed. I wish I was closer so I could help! 

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Thank you. I got an offer from a friend who's going to come up over night tomorrow. Even for a tiny bit of help and the offer it means absolutely everything. =\ So stressed out. And angry. I've never been so angry in my entire life. 

Quoting AmesCSki: Oh Holli. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's accident. Sounds like you are all really having a rough time. It is also a load of BS that people you are close to aren't stepping up to help you guys out. Sending well wishes and good thoughts your way...

rosemagic01
by Holli on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Its frustrating to have "friends" isn't it. Thankfully my best one has offered to come up over night tomorrow and I'm so grateful. 

I'm sorry that no one has helped you with your situation. Have you joined the group on CM they are really great group in helping with diagnoses and answering questions and support. I know its incredibly hard to go through diagnoses though emotionally its just very hard. *hugs*

Quoting Rembrandt2186:

So sorry about your husbands accident! I hear you on the friendship thing, no one has offered to help us either during this transition of dd being diagnosed. I wish I was closer so I could help! 

AmesCSki
by Amy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Holli I'm glad you'll be getting some help. I hope things improve...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rembrandt2186
by Jes on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is! Mainly why I don't have many in the first place. I am glad you are getting some help. I have joined two groups for Autism on here, no one is in my area and I just don't feel like I fit in there much. Hugs to you as well. 

Quoting rosemagic01:

Its frustrating to have "friends" isn't it. Thankfully my best one has offered to come up over night tomorrow and I'm so grateful. 

I'm sorry that no one has helped you with your situation. Have you joined the group on CM they are really great group in helping with diagnoses and answering questions and support. I know its incredibly hard to go through diagnoses though emotionally its just very hard. *hugs*

Quoting Rembrandt2186:

chicken13
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs.  Big hugs.

xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM
I'm so sorry :(

Are they paying his medical bills? They should be.

Big hugs**** we find our real friends in times of trouble. ♡♡♡♡
rosemagic01
by Holli on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Yes they are and they said that he will get normal pay too. He's been out for a week and the doc said yesterday at least 3 more weeks. =\ 

How's your husbands situation going at MB? I heard friday didn't go well. =( I really miss MB! 

Quoting xomrs.chase: I'm so sorry :( Are they paying his medical bills? They should be. Big hugs**** we find our real friends in times of trouble. ♡♡♡♡

xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
well thats good. I hope he heals quickly!

He has a 3 day weekend due to cut hours, but still woking full time and picketing on breaks/ lunch. We're going to our store tomorrow to support. It's crazy. And we are kind of scared... but i hope it is resolved soon... and i really hope they accept ATD's offer to buy.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Yes they are and they said that he will get normal pay too. He's been out for a week and the doc said yesterday at least 3 more weeks. =\ 

How's your husbands situation going at MB? I heard friday didn't go well. =( I really miss MB! 

Quoting xomrs.chase: I'm so sorry :(

Are they paying his medical bills? They should be.

Big hugs**** we find our real friends in times of trouble. ♡♡♡♡

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)