Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

help?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
  • 33 Replies

I am living with my babys father. and i filed yet again for benefits which i keep getting denied for. this last phone interview said i havent been getting them because i have not gone after him for child support and if i dont i most likely will not get my benefits again.  my set address is at my grandmothers right now. i told my ex hey i have t o do this or i cant get my benefits and he told me not while i live there. i have nowhere else  to go. my family does all they can but no one except my dead beat father can actually give us a place to stay. i want and need my benefits.... I asked the ex today if he was really gonna kick me out if i did the child support and said yes. i have to make a decision. either i lose out on benefits or i get them n get kicked out..... its a lose/lose situation. I barely am eating nor am i eating good enough to keep breastfeeding my baby. i need them. i figure heck if its a lose/lose may as well get my benefits. I just have no idea where we are going to go.... i looked up lotus house and covenant house. lotus house is too far from my family ( i kno i really shouldnt be picky but i need to b close for rides to doctors and such) and the covenant house. i like the covenant house but their site says they are full but i can always call and see.

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Wow sounds rough. I am assuming the houses are shelters? If it's only temporary I'd say go,get your benefits and your child support and get back on your feet. Best of luck hun.

hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

thanks. i just dont know wat i am goin to do if there isnt any room. or if its only for a night

hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM

nonetheless idk how temporary it will be

quickbooksworm
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Apply for CS and keep your benefits. If you are working with someone already on your CS and whatever benefits you have, they can help you on housing too. If you have a job and are just short on a deposit they can help you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs hope something works out;)
hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

i dont have any money. i am a stay at home mom currently

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Apply for CS and keep your benefits. If you are working with someone already on your CS and whatever benefits you have, they can help you on housing too. If you have a job and are just short on a deposit they can help you.

quickbooksworm
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Why aren't you working?

Quoting hvguardian:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM

stay at home mom. ive never had a job and i have looked before my daughter was born but i only got one call back and i did not get the job. and im breastfeeding her. and i cant seem to pump enough in the slightest for her nor do i have anyone to watch her

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Why aren't you working?

Quoting hvguardian:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

jbirdsladie27
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Get the benefits, he sounds like an idiot (sorry) & in the end you and your child will be better off. Good luck to you & keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM

he can be one thats for sure and stubborn -.- thank you. im just scared because i really dont have anywhere to go.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Get the benefits, he sounds like an idiot (sorry) & in the end you and your child will be better off. Good luck to you & keep us updated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN