Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

I am living with my babys father. and i filed yet again for benefits which i keep getting denied for. this last phone interview said i havent been getting them because i have not gone after him for child support and if i dont i most likely will not get my benefits again.  my set address is at my grandmothers right now. i told my ex hey i have t o do this or i cant get my benefits and he told me not while i live there. i have nowhere else  to go. my family does all they can but no one except my dead beat father can actually give us a place to stay. i want and need my benefits.... I asked the ex today if he was really gonna kick me out if i did the child support and said yes. i have to make a decision. either i lose out on benefits or i get them n get kicked out..... its a lose/lose situation. I barely am eating nor am i eating good enough to keep breastfeeding my baby. i need them. i figure heck if its a lose/lose may as well get my benefits. I just have no idea where we are going to go.... i looked up lotus house and covenant house. lotus house is too far from my family ( i kno i really shouldnt be picky but i need to b close for rides to doctors and such) and the covenant house. i like the covenant house but their site says they are full but i can always call and see.

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
quickbooksworm
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I understand the dilemma but you're stuck either being homeless or living with a guy who isn't supporting you. Talk to your caseworker about daycare. Find a La Leche League so you have access to lactation consultants (at no charge) and can get some pumping tips. Look for a job. I can help you with a resume if you want.

Quoting hvguardian:

stay at home mom. ive never had a job and i have looked before my daughter was born but i only got one call back and i did not get the job. and im breastfeeding her. and i cant seem to pump enough in the slightest for her nor do i have anyone to watch her

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Why aren't you working?

Quoting hvguardian:

i dont have any money. i am a stay at home mom currently

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Apply for CS and keep your benefits. If you are working with someone already on your CS and whatever benefits you have, they can help you on housing too. If you have a job and are just short on a deposit they can help you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneycra
by Courtney on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
get the benifits, file for evverything you can, get out of that situation fast, it'll be better for both baby and you!! It may be hard for a few but as long as you keep your head up im sure you will be fine!! Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks

Quoting courtneycra:

get the benifits, file for evverything you can, get out of that situation fast, it'll be better for both baby and you!! It may be hard for a few but as long as you keep your head up im sure you will be fine!! Hugs

jbirdsladie27
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I had an answer for you
((((HUGS)))))

Quoting hvguardian:

he can be one thats for sure and stubborn -.- thank you. im just scared because i really dont have anywhere to go.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Get the benefits, he sounds like an idiot (sorry) & in the end you and your child will be better off. Good luck to you & keep us updated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM

when i reach that pt i will gladly take you up on that offer

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I understand the dilemma but you're stuck either being homeless or living with a guy who isn't supporting you. Talk to your caseworker about daycare. Find a La Leche League so you have access to lactation consultants (at no charge) and can get some pumping tips. Look for a job. I can help you with a resume if you want.

Quoting hvguardian:

stay at home mom. ive never had a job and i have looked before my daughter was born but i only got one call back and i did not get the job. and im breastfeeding her. and i cant seem to pump enough in the slightest for her nor do i have anyone to watch her

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Why aren't you working?

Quoting hvguardian:

i dont have any money. i am a stay at home mom currently

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Apply for CS and keep your benefits. If you are working with someone already on your CS and whatever benefits you have, they can help you on housing too. If you have a job and are just short on a deposit they can help you.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're living with him then you need to be using his address and adding his income when you apply. Why cheat the system? Then you won't have to file for child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM

cause i made mistake of adding him and even after i took him off they  were still giving me crap. we cant survive w/o it. he doesnt make enough.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

If you're living with him then you need to be using his address and adding his income when you apply. Why cheat the system? Then you won't have to file for child support.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM
If you're not working and you can't afford to live on his salary - I'm assuming he's not a doctor - then you're likely eligible. Were you denied even after turning in all of his stubs and information that they requested?

If you don't want to work, then why not apply for college? You'll get grant money plus living money since you're legally single and a mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvguardian
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM

no he is a line cook at flanigans. and yes we sent in everything for him and still got denied. and i dont have money for college. and there are no online courses to be a vet. thats what i really want to do.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

If you're not working and you can't afford to live on his salary - I'm assuming he's not a doctor - then you're likely eligible. Were you denied even after turning in all of his stubs and information that they requested?

If you don't want to work, then why not apply for college? You'll get grant money plus living money since you're legally single and a mother.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
You don't need money. You're considered a single mother, the goverment will pay you to go to college. My SIL is married with two children and had never worked a day in her life (23 years old,) because she stays enrolled in college. Maybe look into vet assistant courses and start there.

Quoting hvguardian:

no he is a line cook at flanigans. and yes we sent in everything for him and still got denied. and i dont have money for college. and there are no online courses to be a vet. thats what i really want to do.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN