Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

I have OFICIALLY turned into "that mom"...

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 22 Replies
You know her. The one who crys when she takes her baby to Kindergarten? Yep, I am an official spaz! I have managed to make it through 2 daughters going to kinder, with not only no tears shed, but doing the happy dance. Not this time. My baby, my last baby, starts tomorrow and I have already cried several times just getting her stuff together. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!? I should be thrilled all 3 girls will be in the same school for the same amount of time. But noooooooooo, I am acting like a hormonal semi psychotic prego! This is not me! LOL Maybe this glass of Merlot will help. Probably not, but it's tooooo YUMMY to put down. ;-) Any of you ladies turn into a hot mess with first day of Kinder?
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hcusa
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw. {HUGS} mamma! You'll get through it. :) Before you know it, you'll be looking around and thinking, "Huh? I'm old enough to have an adult child?" (Says the mom of a newly minted 18yo.) Do you work outside of the home? Any plans for tomorrow for when you are child-free for a few hours?

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Many years ago, when my son went to kindergarten I didn't cry and I did the happy dance. Now, I cried the first time I brought my girl into church for Wee Worship. I can only imagine how much of a basket case I'm going to be when she goes to school.

sheri305
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Awww,yes,im a hot mess at every transition,lol

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Quoting hcusa:

Aw. {HUGS} mamma! You'll get through it. :) Before you know it, you'll be looking around and thinking, "Huh? I'm old enough to have an adult child?" (Says the mom of a newly minted 18yo.) Do you work outside of the home? Any plans for tomorrow for when you are child-free for a few hours?

Not yet. I formerly taught high school before kids and I have less than zero interest in going back to that. I do have my own photography business, but I have been kinda lazy about it. I shoot for friends and family, but dont advertize too much. I have spent most of my time with my kids at their school and activities. Now that you mention it, I do need a job. Their activities are darn expensive. Their tuition for gymnastics just went up to $405.00 a month plus other costs, and that doesnt include swimming and seasonal sports. My hubby is in Afghanistan right now and we make better money, but he will be home soon. I guess I need to either get on the wagon and promote my photography, or search the wanted ads. ;-) lol now I have a focus. THANKS! ;-)
hcusa
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Good luck to you! I had a dear friend who worked as a photographer at weddings and such. She started part-time when her children were fairly young and steadily built up her business until it became more profitable than her husband's job. I don't know where you are or if you want to consider it, but one of the things she did was contact smaller churches and offer to come in and do "church member family" portraits at a reduced price on Sundays after service, when the families were "already dressed up and presentable." :) It was sort've like school pictures, only it was something where she photographed the entire family and let them choose from different packages. Unfortunately, she passed away two years ago, so I can't connect you with her, but if you're interested and I think of any more of the things she did, I can let you know.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting hcusa:

Not yet. I formerly taught high school before kids and I have less than zero interest in going back to that. I do have my own photography business, but I have been kinda lazy about it. I shoot for friends and family, but dont advertize too much. I have spent most of my time with my kids at their school and activities. Now that you mention it, I do need a job. Their activities are darn expensive. Their tuition for gymnastics just went up to $405.00 a month plus other costs, and that doesnt include swimming and seasonal sports. My hubby is in Afghanistan right now and we make better money, but he will be home soon. I guess I need to either get on the wagon and promote my photography, or search the wanted ads. ;-) lol now I have a focus. THANKS! ;-)

aslusher77
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I did get teary eyed when i went in to check on my 3rd son last night after he went to sleep. He started K today. He did great though so that makes it easier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I am lucky. Baylie ( my youngest) will have the same teacher my middle child "Mack or Mackenzie" did last year. We LOVE HER and Baylie already knows her from spending so much time in the classroom. ;-) It is me that will have to keep it together. LOL
jbirdsladie27
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I say am I really old enough to have a son in the Marines!!

Quoting hcusa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:25 AM
This LOL

Quoting sheri305:

Awww,yes,im a hot mess at every transition,lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Some.Beach
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) I think the merlot is good anyway to celebrate the achievement of having your baby in Kinder. Celebrate and enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)