Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

First Lady tells Florida students "Pretend I'm like your mother" and VOTE!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 25 Replies

The First Lady was in Gainesville Monday at the University of Florida talking to students there about the importance of getting out and voting. Do you think her speech made a difference for young, undecided voters at the university? 

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
I'm sure it did. Generally when you can go see a candidate (or first lady) in person, you are more easily persuaded. I love her though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Group Admin on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Umm I have a great mother and parents who raised me with the importance of voting, I do not have any desire for the First Lady to be my surrogate mother.  Thanks but no thanks

ambertreas76
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Wow!  That's almost as crazy as when she compared her husband and his administration to Jesus and the Apostles!  I don't think they're as ahead in the race as the media wants to make us all believe. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

She could never be as great as my Mom was.

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Anytime someone speaks in person it makes a difference in either direction. It's good that she's telling young people to vote. She's not saying who to vote for but to vote. 

Shaybay218
by Shayla on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I agree with you...

Quoting GOBryan:

Anytime someone speaks in person it makes a difference in either direction. It's good that she's telling young people to vote. She's not saying who to vote for but to vote. 

midgeend
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GOBryan:

Agreed!

Also, it's not as though she wanted to adopt a room full of students. lol.  It way hyperbole!  "I'm saying this like a mother tells their kids to get in the bath tub"  

arpazia
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM
I think that was pretty great of her to say:)

Quoting GOBryan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure she did, but if romney calls my house one more timeeeeee ( there's a republican here lol) I hateeee this time of year, every other call on my phone is some campaign stuff!

Mom2Just1
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I am happy she is encouraging young people to vote.  More young people should vote.  I would like to see her statement in context though.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN