Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Motorcycle gang shoot-em-up in Winter Springs

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 0 Replies

Is this for real?

This is some Sons of Anarchy stuff we’ve got going on here. (Does anyone watch that show? I used to but haven’t kept up.) Anyhoo...

Victor Amaro, Robert Eckert, David Maloney and Paul Smith fatally shot 3 members of the the Warlocks motorcycle club in Winter Springs over the weekend.1

David "Tin Man" Maloney is a former leader in the organization who had ongoing rifts with current members, and this was not his first run-in with the law. (gasp!) In September 2011, Maloney was accused of shooting another man in self-defense during a dispute outside Jonny Rotton's Bar Out Back, a biker bar in Sanford, but he was not prosecuted for the shooting.

Members of the Seminole County chapter of the Warlocks had gathered outside the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) post for a charity ride when at least four men on motorcycles rode into the parking lot and began firing.2

The shooters were all members of the Pennsylvania or “Philly” Warlocks motor club.

Authorities aren’t sure of the exact motive for the shootings but I’m sure it was over something really important. The article I read did mention that the Philly Warlocks had a symbol of a harpie on their tough-guy vests, while the Florida Warlocks rode with a Phoenix rising from the ashes symbol. It is considered an insult to wear unauthorized insignia. You see? Totally worth killing people over.

It seems like a T.V. show to me. Seriously, I can't stand this kind of "man" with the macho posturing and guns and motorcycles (the motorcycles are fine without the guns and killing people, of course). Can you believe this kind of stuff is happening in Florida?

©iStockphoto.com/MorePixels

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)