Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

The Presidential Debate

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 0 Replies

The first of three presidential debates aired Tuesday night.

It was very heavily tweeted and Facebook commented upon while it was happening.

Twitter scored Romney the debate's clear winner according to Peoplebrowsr, a Web analytics firm. The group found 47,141 tweets mentioning Romney and "win or winner" compared to just 29,677 mentioning Obama and "win or winner." 1

Personally I thought that both of them did very well.

I thought Romney made a good point about the 90 billion Obama gave to green energy. He said that several of the companies that benefited had contributed to Obama’s campaign. But that is sort of par for the course in government, isn’t it? Undoubtedly Romney would be throwing business to his contributors if he is elected. Anyway, I am all for green energy, very much for it, but that did seem excessive.

I liked what Obama had to say about cutting corporate welfare and Medicare and I tend to agree with him that it doesn’t make sense that we will be able to lower the deficit by cutting taxes without increasing revenue as he says Romney intends to do.

Romney kept mentioning about 23 million people being out of work but the actual number is 12.5 million, which is about the same as it was when he took office.2

Obama said that it’s important "that we take some of the money that we're saving as we wind down two wars to rebuild America." But those wars are financed with borrowed money so it doesn’t free up available money, it simply stops us from building up more debt.3

For a complete article with more fact flubbing from both candidates, click here.

Overall I found the debate thought-provoking and I thought it was hilarious to see the big fake smiles they flashed in their opponent’s direction after ripping them apart with words.

What did you think about the debate? Did you think either of them was the clear winner? Would a debate ever change your mind about who you are planning to vote for?

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN