Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Has anyone met?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just out of curiousity, has anyone actually made any real life friends from this website?  Don't get me wrong I love all of the social websites.  But I was just thinking that with the time some of us, (including myself) spend sharing stories and asking questions online, we could be actually interacting with people face to face.  Our children could meet and develop real world social skills.  

Anyways, it was just a thought. 

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I see your point. 

I have met one mom from here. She lives out of state and drove down here to visit. It was awesome!

But my main friends are IRL. Online chatting doesn't replace face to face interactions. 

wingsfan1234
by Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

the only ones i've met on here, I actually knew  boefore I joined..LOL   I'd LOVE to meet moms around this area since we just moved we know like 2 people and their kids

Darqdaughter
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I have been trying to meet other moms so we can schedule play dates and such, but no one seems to live close enough to me:(

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I would love to meet other moms from here but most live to far from me. I'm in north Florida but no one is near me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by Wendy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
There are a bunch of ladies in my jan 2011 baby group we got together for a BBQ last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I've met many moms that I met on cm! I actually have one coming over with her whole family on Sunday to spend the day with us. And I have another one flying in for a girls weekend at the food and wine festival soon. I think I've met about 10 in person that I consider real friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Very cool!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I've met many moms that I met on cm! I actually have one coming over with her whole family on Sunday to spend the day with us. And I have another one flying in for a girls weekend at the food and wine festival soon. I think I've met about 10 in person that I consider real friends

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BRQ07
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM
i havent but would love to! i dont think anyone likes closer to me though :( im in ormond beach in northern volusia county
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
That be cool but no one lives close..i am in duval county in jacksonville,florida..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MEA816
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I live in Coral Springs, broward county southeast fl. If anyone lives around here and wants to possibly make a new friend let me know. If there is enough people maybe we can make an event out of it, like a bbq .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN