Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

"You can't cook bacon anymore!"

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 14 Replies

This is what I told dh today when we were making BLTs for lunch. He was just pushing them around and not draining the grease. I'm OCD when it comes to cooking bacon. I make sure it doesn't burn, I flip it, rotate it, press it, and I am constantly watching it. Don't get me wrong the man can cook, but bacon is not something I feel he cooks well. LOL So while I'm put the bacon on the plate he's eating them. I had to literally kick his butt to get him away from the freaking plate. Then as I'm cooking the rest of the bacon and he's eating his second sandwich. He's like "OMG this so good" and I just had to shake my head and laugh. He can be an @$$ but I do love him. 

What does your man do in the kitchen that makes you shake your head?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nat7771777
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM
My husband does not come in to the kitchen to do but just to get something and right back out to the living room,he is not aloud in there lol
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
My husband does nothing in the kitchen that involves cooking! I don't trust him to cook lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

he goes overboard with salt and pepper, sometimes to the point of being inedible to anyone but him.  

side note, we stopped frying bacon a long time ago.  we use the oven and a broiling pan.  it gets just the right amount of chewy vs crispy w/o all the extra grease.  plus the slices stay nice and flat.  great for sandwiches. 

WendyJR
by Wendy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Dh is an awesome baker. But cannot cook to save his life he's clueless when it comes to cooking things but can make cakes, bread, cookies and brownies that would make you weep they were so good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
He stays out of my kitchen lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Not putting this in the dishwasher and not washing the damn crock pot I cannot do it to heavy for me but I do :(  SIGH

MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

There's nothing really. Everything he does in the kitchen - be it cooking, cleaning, etc. - is wonderful :)

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Sunday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
DH can cook but because of his crappy work schedule, I'm the one who does all the cooking. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wingsfan1234
by Amy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Same here

Quoting KylesMom409:

DH can cook but because of his crappy work schedule, I'm the one who does all the cooking. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM
He uses way too many pots, pans, utensils, kitchen towels...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)